View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 08:27   #8
Richard
Quiet Professional

1. Y

2. Star - left after 2 years due to > time commitments in HS sports, 4H, FFA - sports and ag programs were > bigger than scouting in the area I grew up in.

3. Taught me many skills I've used/enhanced throughout my life - especially land nav, first aid, citizenship. My favorite merit badge was the old reptile one with the coiled rattlesnake embroidered in the circle - kinda sad they replaced it.

4. Really don't think so; never gave it much thought.

5. 3 sons - all in Cubs - 2 in Boy Scouts ( 1 Star/1 Eagle) - I still remain a part of a Troop Committe, teach Citizenship in the World, and sit on Eagle Boards.

FWIW - everyone wanted to have a Beaver patrol but our Scoutmaster, a retired Navy CPO, wouldn't allow it because he knew exactly what we were thinking...so we were the Eagle patrol.

Richard's $.02
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote