Thread: Introductions V
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 14:07   #14
VanZwieten
Asset

I'm CDT VanZwieten, a ROTC cadet at Wheaton College in Wheaton, IL.

A little about myself: I am pursuing an Aerospace Engineering degree and loving it. I'm hoping to branch engineers out of college. I take PT very seriously and have been maxing the APFT for a couple of years now, though I know I still have a lot of progress to make physically and mentally.
I like any game that takes a lot of strategic or tactical thinking and don't like a lot of shooters for that reason. I feel at my absolute best when I'm backpacking with my home on my back.

I am interested in Army Special Forces because I believe it is the only way to win the war on terror. I think that social evolution will cause humanity to realize that most of the solutions we're looking for lie in basic relationships, and as I understand it SF is based on making solutions informed by relationships with local people.

All this is to say: thank you gentlemen for your selfless service. Our Army is imperfect and makes mistakes, but you guys lay down your lives and do your best for my own freedom, so in my book you are praiseworthy.
VanZwieten is offline   Reply With Quote