View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 04:35   #8
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18XP View Post
Son is presently deployed to Pineland to free the oppressed -- i.e. he's in the midst of his Robin Sage exercise. Assuming he doesn't get hurt or his team doesn't do something to get recycled (there is a story here), he should graduate on 12 July. I don't know his class number. Whether he graduates or not, a bunch of people are coming into town. We already have reservations. But we're reasonably confident he will make it. So...

Questions:
  • What is the venue for the graduation ceremony?
  • What time does it occur?
  • Is there a limitation on the number of attendees?
  • Are tickets needed?
  • What is the dress code?
  • Has Ft. Bragg started requiring RealID identification?
  • Any other useful information?

Appreciate any suggestions
I’m sure everything has changed since 2001, but when I finished Robin Sage it wasn’t the end of the Q Course. We still didn’t “graduate” for like 5 more months. I’m sure it has changed.

Our ceremony was held in the afternoon at the Crown Comlex, a large auditorium in Fayetteville, which would negate all of the security protocols of Ft Bragg.

I don’t remember tickets or limitations on family but I’m old and forget things...

Dress code was dress casual or above. Graduates were in Dress Uniforms. My family dressed up.

Hopefully someone with more recent info can help you. It was important, to me, that my Dad was there.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote