View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 15:25   #44
vsvo
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdiver View Post
Here's something I wanted to pass along.

My PCP told me about this a few months ago, and I've been using it ever since.

It's a product called NeilMed. http://www.unimedprod.com/

It's a saline flush for your sinuses, and it really helps. I've noticed a big improvement in my sleep habits. I find I'm more rested, and also been told, I don't snore, as much, as I used to.

Also with allergy season upon us, it really clears out the sinus cavities of all that dust and pollen that's floating around.
My wife's been bugging me to get a Neti pot ever since she heard Dr. Oz talk about it on Oprah. I, of course, had been resisting.

Yesterday, I fired up the lawnmower for the first time this season, and got a nose full of dust, pollen, and exhaust fumes (I didn't drain out the gas that was sitting in it over the winter, and haven't changed the oil, but the Honda motor still fired up on the second pull ). After being somewhat dismayed after blowing my nose, I remembered what she had been talking about and went to the drugstore. I bought a kit similar to the one cited, with the prepackaged salt packets.

It was a bit disconcerting the first time I squirted the solution up my nose, sort of like being dunked in the ocean. But unlike the ocean, the isotonic solution did not burn, and it tasted only slightly salty. About five minutes after I blew my nose and cleared the solution from my throat, my sinuses opened up and I felt great, breathing easily through my nose. I will have to do it tonight and find out if it decreases my snoring too!
vsvo is offline   Reply With Quote