View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 15:14   #1
swatsurgeon
Guerrilla Chief

Gerber LHR Review Anyone??

It has been several weeks since the Gerber LHR knife has been available to the general public....anyone pick one up do some field work with it and willing to write an opinion/review?

Thought we'd hear more about it....sheath system, knife in general, etc.

I handled one at SHOT that Bill had (Bill, did you bring the knife back to the Gerber booth where it 'disappeared' from?). The knife is virtually locked into the sheath and a fairly fine/maybe gross motor skill must be employed to remove it. The knife itself was 'hefty' with a solid grip that gloves will easily hold onto, 6" blade I believe. Personal bias, the Green beret knife felt better in my hand. But for a less expensive second cousin twice removed (to the other Harsey/Reeve knives), not a bad item at all.

Other opinions.........

ss
'Revel in action, translate perceptions into instant judgements, and these into actions that are irrevocable, monumentous and dreadful - all this with lightning speed, in conditions of great stress and in an environment of high tension:what is expected of "us" is the impossible, yet we deliver just that.
(adapted from: Sherwin B. Nuland, MD, surgeon and author: The Wisdom of the Body, 1997 )

Education is the anti-ignorance we all need to better treat our patients. ss, 2008.

The blade is so sharp that the incision is perfect. They don't realize they've been cut until they're out of the fight: A Surgeon Warrior. I use a knife to defend life and to save it. ss (aka traumadoc)
swatsurgeon is offline   Reply With Quote