View Single Post
Old 05-15-2004, 02:32   #39
GackMan
Guerrilla

on the plus side: plenty of room, seems well made, lots of flexibility built in to it to do what you want with it.

I've only had it about a month. I really like it so far. I had looked at a Camel back BMF for a little while and settled on this instead. $50 cheaper too.

the water bladder pocket is pretty big. I have a 100 oz in there and I have lots of room left over. I don't have a 5 liter to try to fit in there but I'm betting that it would.

the 2 big outer pockets that come with it are pretty good sized. But I added on 2 external pouches. not that I needed room, but it is easier to keep things separated with them. the outside is covered with MOLLE loops so that is pretty useful.

There was a guy selling them at the last gun show and he had 3 of those 400 round commie sardine cans full of ammo in one and he was swinging it all over the place. seams didn't even look stressed.

On the down side:
- the one big inside compartment is cool. much better than having permanent dividers. However, I had to figure out a way to divide things up to carry a laptop, books, etc. having some loops inside would be nice.
- no drain holes in the bottom and not watter proofed/resistant on the outside. If it rains on it, it will probably hold some water.
- the sternum strap was set up like a frigging chin/throat strap... that thing had to move.
- the hip strap is a POS. totally useless, single thickness cargo strap w/ a fastex buckle. I took it off after a couple hrs. not that I have enough weight in it to need it... I'd have to be humping a bag full or rocks or something. But I figure if they are going to have one, at least make it worth a shit.
GackMan is offline   Reply With Quote