Thread: Bug Out Bags
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 17:01   #9
akv
Area Commander

Thank You

TR,

Thanks as always for your thoughts, an assessment and plan was definitely my first step, though I'm sure it can be improved. San Francisco access is limited by bridges to the north and east which are natural choke points probably best to avoid post crisis. Aside from exiting by sea, the only unobstructed land route is south. Assuming it is best to avoid populated environments post crisis, and to clear datum quickly, my basic plan is to immediately work my way south along the coast,or at least avoiding the main roads if possible, down the wide corridor of the peninsula about thirty miles to the rural Woodside Hills where I have family. Even on foot, in the winter conditions common to this part of the country, I allocated three days to accomplish this, which dictates the contents of my bag. Obviously a lot of folks will come to this conclusion and head south, so I figured mobility and weapons in case of rat packs to be a premium.

I welcome any advice
"Men Wanted: for Hazardous Journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in case of success.” -Sir Ernest Shackleton

“A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.” –Greek proverb

Last edited by akv; 03-07-2010 at 17:05.
akv is offline   Reply With Quote