View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 16:47   #2
7624U
Quiet Professional

You can PM me directly with your exact question, I was a Small unit and tactics instructor. Teaching troop leading and OPORD my first tour. I now teach MDMP to all of our Officers in the Course my 2nd Tour here.

My advise I tell everyone! Make sure you fully understand the Commanders intent two levels up. Know what your direct supervisor is going to do for his scheme of maneuver with other units.

The rest is on you to break down the Intent and list everything out that would need to happen to met the Commanders intent..( put trust in your NCO's for the Details) just make sure everyone in your platoon is clear on your mission statement and your end state...

Make coordination so you don't get your ass shot off by friendly units and come up with contingency's based on the problems your NCO's ID during the details.

Break the plan down and tell a story on how we will get to the Actions On (most important part) Have everyone brief their part of the actions on it should not be you running your suck the whole time.

Make time for questions.

Always Rehearse the actions on.

"Me"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote