View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 17:20   #37
7624U
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by demilion View Post
Hi all. I apologize in advance if this is answered elsewhere. I'm currently in a training environment without computer access (library's closed for renovations) and my phone is not the best for searching the forums.

I don't want to go into abundant detail on open forum, because I'm slightly paranoid about OPSEC, but long story short, I'm currently airborne infantry, transitioning from pre-RASP due to potential family emergency. Cadre have suggested getting my short tab ASAP after getting to my unit then coming back to for RASP and joining Regiment. I originally joined to go SF, but due to circumstances and a refusal to lie, had to go 11x and was recruited for Regiment during OSUT. Would it be wiser to gain DA and infantry experience as a Ranger, then try out for SF, try to drop an SF packet soon after joining my unit, or get seasoning in an Airborne unit and push for 18x when I re-up?

I'm 27, married, have a 5 year old and one on the way, have a 139 GT, some college, and worked as a Krav Maga and MMA instructor before volunteering for duty.

I'd appreciate any wisdom you gentlemen are willing to share, and can give more detail over PM, if necessary.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for keeping this site up in general. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

So your a OT sitting over at 4th BN and are trying to make up your mind what to do without actually saying it. Next question are you in the PIT ? If you are dont worry I am not PIT cadre. but you can PM me.

"Me"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote