View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 12:17   #1
niners
Asset

Disqualified to enlist as 18X; 11X or 68W instead?

Hi all,
I have tried googling and searching the site but have some questions in detail I would like to see if I can get some answers on. I have been trying to enlist as an 18X the past couple of weeks with the final word today being a no-go; I have a medical waiver for my PRK which has disqualified me from the 18X contract. I am 26, a college grad, and 99th percentile ASVAB just to get some details out of the way.

I want to be an 18D, and that is all I want to be. To get to this point, would it be more beneficial to me to enlist as 68W or 11X? My recruiter is telling me that as an 11X it might be quicker to go through the pipeline as SF will recruit from basic training those who are qualified. However, I want to be in the medical field, so I was thinking if somehow that didn't happen, 68W would be a good deal for me if I can go to selection from there though I am unsure of how easily a command will potentially let go of me as a 68W to go to selection. I know I need to get through Airborne prior to selection as well, so would infantry be the better choice since everything is at Fort Benning?

Cliffs notes: Would enlisting as a 68W be any more beneficial and quicker in getting me into the pipeline to being an 18D than enlisting as 11X?

Thank you all for your time, advice and service.
niners is offline   Reply With Quote