View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 12:06   #8
Scimitar
Area Commander

Firstly,

I am pretty confident when I say there are ALWAYS 18x contracts, the question is WHEN are there 18X contracts.

The way the recruiting system works is a recruiter can only see open MOS slots that are something like 3 months out. When YOU enlisted there weren't any avaliable in THAT timeframe.

If you had asked they would have rang the Rock and opened a slot for you as they did for me.

However, it also may have been cos you didn't actually qualify for an 18X contract.

OPTIONS:
1) Go back to your recruiter advise him that you understand his mistake and request a ReNo to an 18X contract.

2) If you really want to you can push to be transfered over to 18X during 11B OSUT or BAC - Jump School. No gurantees.

It can take anywhere from perhaps 6 to 30+ months to get the the Q Course after getting to your first station, assuming you're Selected. What rank are you going in as? E2, E3, E4?

Are you sure you qualified for 18X? What makes you think you did?

Scimitar

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp"
-- Robert Browning

"Hooah! Pushing thru the shit til Daisies grow, Sir"
-- Me

"Malo mori quam foedari"
"Death before Dishonour"
-- Family Coat-of-Arms Maxim

"Mārohirohi! Kia Kaha!"
"Be strong! Drive-on!"
-- Māori saying
Scimitar is offline   Reply With Quote