View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 19:57   #64
grrthetree
Asset

I'm a little skeptical of this program, to be honest. Not to take anything away from the creator or the program itself, but I just can't see this doing anything except changing your routine for a short time while stimulating different aspects of muscular endurance that could be done without making an entire routine of it.

This program doesn't look like something that will truly improve "strength" in the real sense of the word. Also, the exercises prescribed go against everything I've been taught about strength training for two reasons. From what I know, isolation exercises are good additions to programs based on compound movements, so setting up a whole program based on doing circuits of mainly isolation movements doesn't make sense to me. Another thing is that certain exercises and methods leave you more prone to injuries, while the program is designed to strengthen your tendons and joints. What I mean is that it is recommended that you use certain machines, which lock in a fixed range of motion, and exercises like leg extensions, which are proven to be bad for your knees.

So I'm just throwing this out here not to bash or degrade the program or creator, but to state my opinion, and wonder if I can get a better look at it from the designers perspective. So if you could retort some of my statements, I would appreciate it. I'm not trying to set up an argument, though, honest discussion.
grrthetree is offline   Reply With Quote