View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 08:55   #21
Sean
Asset

Blitzzz,

Looking at your program, I'm concerned about one very major aspect, and that is your advocation, or rather insistence, on the use of cable/pulley type machines for most exercises. Such machines eliminate the use of stabilzer muscles, as the machine ensures that the weight moves along a predetermined path. This weakens the body overall, and increases the chance of injury during outside-the-gym activities (Rucking is a good example, as is dynamic urban movement).

Also, you state that you want to eliminate the "free float" aspect of free weights. The "free float" is exactly the desired effect in many Olympic lifts, especially the Clean, wherein one is pulling the weight to a point, dropping under it, and catching it while it is practically weightless, due to momentum. If a clean is missed, it is dropped, with no pulleys or cables to control its movement. Likewise, if a clean is performed, it is done with only the tissue and bone of the lifter to stabilize and move the weight, not a cable or pulley or lifting glove in sight. (They tend to clutter up the platform)

I'm not trying to step on any toes, I just think the Blitzzz program has some glaring flaws that make it impractical for many of the men and women here.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote