Thread: Martial Arts
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2004, 07:45   #33
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
My research indicates that Col. Applegate did not have to do with Defendo. It would seem that DEFENDU was what Fairbairn called his system fairly early on. I would guess that Mr. Wolfe's line is from Pat O'Neil (Fairbairn-Sykes stud from Shanghai) through the First Special Service Force and the Commando Schools in Scotland. From what I read, there was a divergence when Fairbairn came to the US to teach Americans with Applegate and Sykes et al stayed in the UK to teach the Brits, Canadians and deployed Gringos. Its all pretty much the same stuff, and I have heard good things about Mr. Wolfe. As the Blade Master said previously, all roads lead back to Shanghai prior to the war.

NDD,

I think you would love one of his classes. Its a "serious down and dirty no BS about it, we are going to fight hard and mean until the other guy is knocked out or dead." He had some great simple to master techniques on how to drop someone in less than 5 seconds. He teaches to have someone down and out (one way or another) before you can count to 1,2,3,4,5.

MAKE SURE YOU WEAR A CUP. Man my nuts still hurt after that class.

He demos some the stuff he taught in the seminar I took on his online video clips. Check it out.
Smokin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote