View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 16:30   #34
Airbornelawyer

11 of 30 teams have higher average attendance this year. Among these are the Astros (+22%), Phillies (+11%), Brewers (+10%), Yankees (+7%), Mariners (+4%) and Braves (+4%). So putting a winning product on the field is certainly a factor. Conversely, the biggest decline is, unsurprisingly, the Marlins (-53%), followed by the Royals (-25%), Blue Jays (-25%), Pirates (-23%) and Tigers (-23%).

Another factor that has to be considered is the really bad weather early in the season, compounded by starting the season earlier in late March, which probably depressed attendance in cities like Chicago, Boston and Cleveland. And the Cubs, Red Sox and Indians are also probably hurt by having so many tanking teams in their divisions. Would you pay the ridiculously high prices for tickets and beer at Fenway to see the Orioles or Rays?

Where I am, I can see both Orioles and Nationals games on MASN or MASN2, so TV viewing is not a problem. This MLB/Facebook deal is annoying, because I have no intention of watching a baseball game on Facebook, or having anything to do with Facebook period.

Regarding the MOH ceremony, here is the video:

https://www.mlb.com/video/antonetti-...d/c-2284755483

There were 29 recipients present at the game:

CSM Bennie Adkins
COL Donald Ballard
COL Harvey Barnum, Jr.
SGT Gary Beikirch
MCSWO Edward Byers
COL Bruce Crandall
COL Roger Donlon
SP4 Michael Fitzmaurice
LTG Robert Foley
LTC Harold Fritz
LTC Charles Hagemeister
CAPT Thomas Kelley
LTC Charles Kettles
CSM Gary Littrell
MG James Livingston
COL Walter Marm, Jr.
SP5 James McCloughan
SFC Melvin Morris
CSM Robert Patterson
MSG Leroy Petry
COL Gordon Roberts
SSG Clinton Romesha
CPT Gary Rose
SFC Ronald Rosser
SP5 Clarence Sasser
SGM Kenneth Stumpf
MAJ James Taylor
1LT Brian Thacker
CPL Hershel "Woody" Williams

In case it's not clear from the abbreviations, CAPT Kelley was a navy captain, and CPT Rose was an Army captain (and SF medical NCO).
Airbornelawyer is offline   Reply With Quote