View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 06:38   #10
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender968 View Post
I'm a huge fan of the Keys, especially the middle keys, I'd much rather be there than Key West or Largo, when I got back from my last deployment I was fortune enough to get to spend 10 days on Duck key, you should check out the No Name Pub on Big Pine Key, they've got the best Pizza/Calzones in the Keys, it’s a locals place, great atmosphere and good service, we found it back in the late 90's and go every time we're in the keys. Here's their website, http://www.nonamepub.com
Looks like that is definately going to be a dinner stop one night!

JJ - Thanks for the link to Key West NAS. I think the wife already looked and picked Marathon because it was smaller with LESS. We'll probably drive down to KW on the first day that we're there to stock up on groceries and to tour around.

Kids are geeked about the trip. We started off by telling them we were thinking of taking them to disney world (they are 8 and 11) and they both made faces untili we told them we were kidding. They are looking forward to the drive thru the keys, snokeling, playing in the sand and especially fishing.

Anybody comes along and has a recommendation for a good charter boat for eat'n type fish. I'm all ears.