Thread: blankets
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 12:31   #10
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMAHAWK9521 View Post
I still have my woobie(s). Usually, two sewn together for an all-season sleep kit. And as you all will recall, I ventured into the woobie smoking jackets a while back. I've since moved on to my own design. No woobies were harmed or desecrated in the creation of my new concept. I use 3 separate layers to make these. This baby is currently lined with 2.5 oz APEX Climashield. With nothing more than a T-shirt on in a snow storm last winter, it was relatively light and extremely warm. And yes, that hood is a modular attachment.

However, looking at my source for materials, they're out of APEX so I may have to look at Primaloft for future projects.
Are you still building those smoking jackets? Some of the team guys I work with expressed interest for their deployments.

I’m sure your familiar with Beyond Expedition Clothing https://beyondclothing.com/
Talking with Rick I found it interesting they use both Climashield (Apex) and a primaloft insulation ( I think on their cold weather kit). We started with Climashield (Combat ) but found the Primaloft was better for what we are doing.

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart

Last edited by Golf1echo; 07-18-2019 at 22:05.
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote