View Single Post
Old 02-09-2004, 12:32   #6
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

The heel and toe cap removal and steel shank removal is okay for selection. Also from someone new to rucking(approx 1 year now) you will find having these items removed makes the boots fit more like a sneaker than a boot.

I have spoken with one individual multiple times about soles and the standard sole is the one to go with. It has been brought to my attention that the standard is not negotiable. While some may get by with having Vibram, ripple, etc soles you dont want to be the one who get shaken down by a cadre member who is very conservative when it come to what issue is and is not.

I just got a pair of boots back from Clark's Boot Repair. It was worth every penny to have the caps and shank removed. Next stop for them is Neet's Foot Oil. I have one other pair I soaked and they fit like a glove. Highly recommend both of these prior to wearing, if possible.

On the note of insoles; if you soak your boots in neets foot oil wear them for a few days with the standard insole before putting the expensive ones in. The oil will eat away at the new insoles and ruin them. That has been my experience anyhow.

HTH,

Crip

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc

Last edited by Surgicalcric; 02-09-2004 at 12:38.
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote