Thread: 12 Strong
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 15:29   #15
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Navy has/had more clubs than you could shake a stick at. EM Club, Acey Duecy(?) Club, PO Club and Chief's Club to name a few.

Mess Hall was segregated into EM section, PO section and Officer's section. The one time I was on a ship food was also served by rank.

Two times I went out on subs it was more relaxed - but the officers still had their own room - I think. Wasn't really paying that much attention

When we use the APSS Sealion in 69 they had O & EM mess. The cooks were contracted and Philipean. My understanding is they were working for Green Cards??

All the SF guys used the O mess. Food was outrageous, like a 5star. Probably had to do with the sub having two O6 skippers. It was one of the last trips before it was decommissioned.

We also use the O beach on Truman Annex for night compass & 2K swims.

Never use the KW NAS clubs,, we all went to a bar called the White Horse. on the corner of White St & Truman Ave.

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote