View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 09:00   #20
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by longrange1947 View Post
Hell no, they are already almost a year behind on another contract.

SCAR is being pushed by a few but most recognize it as a piece of crap. It is not ready yet, about 80% finished, and it sucks ergonomically. The picatinney rails are add ons becasue they wanted to go to a propreitary bouble prong system that would have made all of the mounts presently used useless. Anyone want to guess on who would do the upgrade on the present mounts?

There is a small history with the SASS contractor. I'll let others fill that one in.

Would have like to have seen an accurate semi that is not restricted to 25 to 50 rounds a day. A contractor with a good rep for delivering on time. I can't help but think that if the 417 had been part of the test and if there was a hefty penalty for late delivery, someone would not have been involved.

My two cents on that one.
When I was at SWC I saw the way People up at USASOC G-8 and FORMOD; that had no IDEA of what need to be "Pushed" or funded. They made choices over what the Force would be getting and that didn't even have a SF Tab. Regular Army Officers (Nothing Worng with them) Branched out making choices over what would go before Big DA for funding and what would be USASOC Funded. AT times never went down to the two SF Group and SWC to ask "Hey guys what do you think about getting this item funded" I saw it with different 18B & 18B stuff.

Once a Officer gets that Bug put into his window(what needs to be funded) they seem to run with that one choice and never see anything else. So, we the end user lose out. The SCAR sucks, everyone knows this. But We (USASOC) have pushed it and over funded it and now we have it in Army Times and we basically can't turn back from it.

My Box ..& .02

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote