View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 19:12   #23
akv
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Mabuse
Many atrocities have been commited per the rule book on the Islam side of the equation, have they not?

Many atrocities have been commited by people under the Christian banner, breaking the rules in the rule book. Nazi's that you say were Chrsitians merely were wearing the banner. Nothing in the Bible endorses what Hitler and his people did.

That's the difference I feel was missed here by you and Sigaba. Many examples of those that broke the rules (in the Bible) vs those that followed the rules in the Quran. The posts seem to blur those lines.

BTW, San Francisco is one of my favorite cities/areas. Have family/freinds living there. Not so excited by some of the people that live there. Too left/gun shy/right brain dominate for me.

The point I was making is that a honest, good-hearted effort to understand this conflict would be much easier if the "rule books" of the different
religions in question were studied. I was suggesting that your historical views perhaps would be enhanced by studying the Bible or Quran.
Dr Mabuse,

I certainly agree a great deal of blood has been shed under the Islamic banner. We are agreed on the demographics of SF as well, which is why I spend a good amount of time on PS.com. IMO both playbooks have good and bad plays, so maybe it boils down to leadership, but people break the rules when necessary.
"Men Wanted: for Hazardous Journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in case of success.” -Sir Ernest Shackleton

“A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.” –Greek proverb

Last edited by akv; 01-25-2010 at 19:19.
akv is offline   Reply With Quote