View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 14:21   #1
fran
Asset

Active-Duty Retainability

I'm getting ready to clear Fort Stewart to PCS to Fort Bragg for the Q Qourse. When I met with Division Levy last week, I was told I'd need to reenlist Active Duty until late 2010 before they will even let me clear.

Plan A for me is to finish the Q and serve out my remaining Active time, then go Guard SF and enroll in medical school. My current ETS is 29 JAN 09, six months after my projected Q Course end date of 4 SEP 08.

Plan B, right now, is I stay Active, save some money, and see where I'm at in five years.

So far I have spoken to Enlistment and Readiness NCOs from B 2-19, as well as a Guard SF Liason NCO at Bragg. No one has told me that my Plan A is impossible, but I still don't have a concrete way to make it happen, either.

The Liason NCO at Ft. Bragg told me he has seen it happen before; he says it's about a one-in-ten shot that I could do it.

I asked the ps.com search button about "guard ets" and "time waive", but he didn't tell me much.

What I'm thinking right now is I can sign a statement with Levy at Ft. Stewart that I won't reenlist (it isn't a DEC statement because I'm still on my first enlistment); when that happens, the ball is in SWCS's court about whether to admit me. In that case, all I need to do is square it beforehand with the right guy at Bragg. Any idea who?

Fran
fran is offline   Reply With Quote