View Single Post
Old 04-02-2016, 21:11   #7
bailaviborita
Quiet Professional

I personally witnessed recently something that, if it had happened during WWII during the Battle of the Bulge, would have gone something like this:
Quote:
Brigadier: We’ve identified four German armies and our immediate concern is that one of them has the 101st trapped at Bastogne.
Smith: Bastogne is the key. Ike wants to know if somebody can get there and relieve the 101st.
DeGuingand: I’m afraid there’s nothing Field Marshal Montgomery can do.
Smith: George- what about you?
Patton: Well, recently I visited our rear area and we set up the first allied first aid station.
Bradley: Huh?
Patton: There was a speech and everything. Really, guys, I think we’re turning the tide here with these aid stations.
Smith: Ike wants you to be realistic- what are you talking about aid stations for?
Patton: Well, I’m thinking our efforts have set the enemy back at least a few days for this offensive you’re talking about. That’s all I can report at this time, pending questions.
Smith: Actually , George, if you could elaborate on the C2 relationship between that first aid station and you, that would be great. Where does that relationship stop- and who is in control of it?
Patton: Sure, Bedell, we had a medical company C2ing that first aid station, and they reported to a medical battalion, and that medical battalion reported to me.
Smith: Thanks, really appreciate that.