Thread: Antenas
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 08:38   #19
Para
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Radar Rider
I'm goin' with Eyes on this one. Long haul communications are dependent on a long wire. What it takes to get there and what one may use is certainly mission dependent. Even working with the -43 and the -137 require some knowledge of antenna theory.

Even in 2004 (ESPECIALLY in 2004) no comms are guaranteed. While IMC has fallen by the wayside, I will always advocate that it be taught and learned. Satcom is great, but if it goes out, we still need a backup. PACE!
KALUA OFF-CENTER (aka The KOC)

There is no reason to string that much wire for the -137 ALE. Match the impedence of the radio with 30 feet of ladder wire. String 36 feet of wire off your positive end and 18 feet off your negative end. This length has been calculated to specifically match the impedence of the radio. Adjust height as needed.
We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of suffering. You ask what is our policy? I will say: It is to wage war, by sea, land, and air with all our might and all our strength that God can give us; to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, What is our aim? I answer in one word: Victory Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival. Winston Churchill

Last edited by Para; 05-04-2004 at 08:43.
Para is offline   Reply With Quote