Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   KnuckleDragger Questions (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Avatar - How to? (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41380)

RedLegGI 03-13-2013 17:46

This is super simple but for some reason I can't add an avatar.

When I click the "Edit Avatar" button, I get a white box that says "No avatar selected" and this:

"Avatars are small graphics that are displayed under your username whenever you post.
Do not use an avatar
Note: if you have a custom avatar selecting this option will delete it."

Below that are two black buttons: 'save changes' & 'reset fields'

Searching for avatar yielded no help. I'm thinking its a technical issue or something I'm plain missing.

*Respectfully drags knuckles*

lovemycountry 03-13-2013 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLegGI (Post 495901)
This is super simple but for some reason I can't add an avatar.

When I click the "Edit Avatar" button, I get a white box that says "No avatar selected" and this:

"Avatars are small graphics that are displayed under your username whenever you post.
Do not use an avatar
Note: if you have a custom avatar selecting this option will delete it."

Below that are two black buttons: 'save changes' & 'reset fields'

Searching for avatar yielded no help. I'm thinking its a technical issue or something I'm plain missing.

*Respectfully drags knuckles*

Been there....done that....the answer I got was "READ THE Bulletin Board Rules" ( but I got a slap on the wrist;))

LMC

RedLegGI 03-13-2013 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovemycountry (Post 495904)
Been there....done that....the answer I got was "READ THE Bulletin Board Rules" ( but I got a slap on the wrist;))

LMC

Just re-read through both the 'Welcome to professional soldiers' & 'Professional soldiers bulletin board rules' and still am not having luck. The only reference that would be close would be about pictures and making sure they relate and do not contain nudity.

I feel like I'm missing it

11Ber 03-13-2013 18:32

I am pretty sure you will need 100 posts before being allowed to add an avatar.

11ber

lovemycountry 03-13-2013 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLegGI (Post 495907)
Just re-read through both the 'Welcome to professional soldiers' & 'Professional soldiers bulletin board rules' and still am not having luck. The only reference that would be close would be about pictures and making sure they relate and do not contain nudity.

I feel like I'm missing it

OK.....this is what you need to know, and what I got for a response directly from Team Sergeant.

"Reread the rules. You get an avatar after 100 posts, unless you have worn a Green Beret..."

Hope this helps,
LMC

Peregrino 03-13-2013 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11Ber (Post 495912)
I am pretty sure you will need 100 posts before being allowed to add an avatar.

11ber

And we have a WINNER! :p (Thanks for saving me the hassle. ;))

A minor clarification - 100 QUALITY posts. We have revoked Avatar privileges for excessive "me too", +1, and other inane BS posts. FWIW.

RedLegGI 03-13-2013 18:47

Thanks everyone for your input and clarification. Now to get to 100.

For due-diligence I went back to the welcome threads and did a find for the "100" and "hundred" and still came back negative results.

*stops knuckle dragging*

alelks 03-13-2013 19:13

https://www.professionalsoldiers.com...s%22#post42770

:D:D:D

lksteve 03-13-2013 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLegGI (Post 495916)
Thanks everyone for your input and clarification. Now to get to 100.

Take your time...:rolleyes:

Snaquebite 03-13-2013 19:24

Looking forward to seeing your avatar in a couple of years.

RedLegGI 03-13-2013 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by alelks (Post 495924)

Yep, I'm a douche. Page 10/11. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

*edit*

"Looking forward to seeing your avatar in a couple of years. " - It may indeed be that long as I'm trying just to stay out of the professionals way as much as I can and only asking questions when I don't know an answer.

Beef 03-31-2013 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovemycountry (Post 495913)
OK.....this is what you need to know, and what I got for a response directly from Team Sergeant.

"Reread the rules. You get an avatar after 100 posts, unless you have worn a Green Beret..."

Hope this helps,
LMC

Wait a minute.....I've worn a Green Beret with a "full flash" and a Special Forces tab. I never really thought about it, but does that qualify me for an avatar ?:confused: As far as the "quality posts" go..LOL!

Ryan_feral 07-11-2015 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef (Post 498692)
Wait a minute.....I've worn a Green Beret with a "full flash" and a Special Forces tab. I never really thought about it, but does that qualify me for an avatar ?:confused: As far as the "quality posts" go..LOL!

I was just wondering the same thing.

DinDinA-2 07-11-2015 21:59

Ha...me too.

Chucko 09-24-2017 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovemycountry (Post 495913)

Hope this helps,
LMC

I was also wondering about an avatar. I thought it was 50 posts but regardless, I have went through training, worn a GB and got my woman, so I am ready for an avatar. What proof is needed and to whom.