Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Dan Short Fantomworks Special Forces Green Beret (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42679)

Team Sergeant 07-03-2013 08:13

Dan Short Fantomworks Special Forces Green Beret

We've received some requests about former Green Beret Dan Short and his TV show. Dan Short is who he says he is, a former Green Beret. He served in 5th Group in the 80's. Folks here know him and have served with him.
TS

Fantomworks TV car show

Dan Short

Short’s passion for automobiles continued through his military career which started in 1980 when he enlisted with the U.S. Army at the age of 17. Two years later Dan was serving in Special Forces, HALO, Strategic Recon and SCUBA teams on missions that took him around the world. In 1987 he received an Active Duty Scholarship and attended officer training. Three years later in 1990 he hung up his Staff Sergeant Stripes and pinned on a butter bar as a second Lieutenant. Short went to flight school and entered the Army test pilot program. The job required extensive training and it provided plenty of opportunity for Dan to expand his understanding of complex vehicle systems, engines, design and body work. Ultimately, he flew missions around the world and served in Kuwait and Afghanistan.

When Short retired honorably in 2005 as a Major he decided to settle in Norfolk, Va. Investing his retirement and mortgaging everything he owned, he created FantomWorks in a burned out garage. He dreamed of building a car restoration company that could maintain a standard of excellence across all of the classic cars that he loves. Short also wanted a company that could support Wounded Wheels – a non-profit organization that puts disabled veterans into the cars of their dreams. Gradually, he expanded the company and built a reputation as a straight shooter who puts quality first.

http://velocity.discovery.com/tv-sho.../dan-short.htm

Streck-Fu 07-03-2013 08:51

Adding to the DVR. I am a fan of the classic car restoration shows and would be happy to check out his work.

Team Sergeant 07-03-2013 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Streck-Fu (Post 513989)
Adding to the DVR. I am a fan of the classic car restoration shows and would be happy to check out his work.

Ditto, I like to watch the classic car restoration shows and see how they take a piece of junk and bring it back to life. It's also nice knowing one of our own is not only the "real deal" but he's bringing classics back to life. Well done Dan Short.... (we probably jumped HALO together at some point but I don't remember him, he was in 5th Group same time I was, different battalion.....).

PRB 07-03-2013 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Sergeant (Post 514007)
Ditto, I like to watch the classic car restoration shows and see how they take a piece of junk and bring it back to life. It's also nice knowing one of our own is not only the "real deal" but he's bringing classics back to life. Well done Dan Short.... (we probably jumped HALO together at some point but I don't remember him, he was in 5th Group same time I was, different battalion.....).

I'll bet we all shared a HALO AC at one time or another...he said he was supposed to be the medic on the jump when Sherm Jordan burned in but Ron L was there told him about that deal so all the same time frame.
He says he'll check out the site.

Team Sergeant 07-03-2013 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRB (Post 514024)
I'll bet we all shared a HALO AC at one time or another...he said he was supposed to be the medic on the jump when Sherm Jordan burned in but Ron L was there told him about that deal so all the same time frame.

We (ODA-514) arrived a day after MSG Jordan died, there was no HALO jumps after that..... RIP MSG Jordan

SF_BHT 07-03-2013 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Sergeant (Post 514032)
We (ODA-514) arrived a day after MSG Jordan died, there was no HALO jumps after that..... RIP MSG Jordan

I was on Sherman's plane that day in Nov 86. We had made our pass and he was on the next. It was a very sad day. Rest in Peace Brother......

PRB 07-03-2013 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by SF_BHT (Post 514046)
I was on Sherman's plane that day in Nov 86. We had made our pass and he was on the next. It was a very sad day. Rest in Peace Brother......

Yes it was. Our team, 594, went to his funeral in his home town. We often offered AC rides when either team scarfed an AC for MFF.

Pete 07-03-2013 14:23

Being Static Line

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRB (Post 514024)

Being Static Line we were already on the ground. Not nice to watch knowing all you could do was watch.

mojaveman 07-04-2013 14:40

MSG Jordan was a good guy and well liked in the Battalion. Was always curious as to what actually happened that day.

Team Sergeant 07-04-2013 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by mojaveman (Post 514185)
MSG Jordan was a good guy and well liked in the Battalion. Was always curious as to what actually happened that day. Was it the one in a million AODs that sometimes don't work?

Lots of speculation on what went wrong that day. I'm sure there's a report somewhere. Let's leave it at that.

Team Sergeant 07-25-2013 20:31

Dan Short Fantom Works Special Forces Green Beret

Dan Short & Fantom Works

Special Forces Green Beret

Dan is the real deal.

I'm posting again because of questions concerning his claimed status, Dan is a Green Beret, and a former Special Forces soldier.

Again Dan Short is the real deal.

TS

PRB 07-25-2013 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Sergeant (Post 516857)
Dan Short & Fantom Works

Special Forces Green Beret

Dan is the real deal.

I'm posting again because of questions concerning his claimed status, Dan is a Green Beret, and a former Special Forces soldier.

Again Dan Short is the real deal.

TS

Say again, you're coming in broken and distorted.....

Team Sergeant 07-26-2013 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRB (Post 516867)
Say again, you're coming in broken and distorted.....

I posted it that way so it's very "searchable".....

Bettendorf 08-19-2013 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Sergeant (Post 516895)
I posted it that way so it's very "searchable".....

It's like magic. This thread is the first thing that popped up on the google when I searched his name and green beret.

JJ_BPK 03-13-2022 07:16

Dusting this old thread :munchin

Dan has announced a new adventure for himself and his team at Fantom Works..
  • RV Off-Grid Vehicle Conversions
  • EMP Certified Vehicle Modifications
  • BACON

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Short, 8hr

I'm moving FantomWorks into the next phase. We'll continue to build cars but we're adding a few interesting options.

RV Off-Grid Conversions and EMP Certified off-road vehicle modifications.

I figure that preparing for the next 3 years of the Biden economy must involve off-grid preparation.

We'll soon be opening our newest branch called "Covidiocracy Survival Supplies" which will specialize in every facet of "bugging in" and "bugging out" preparedness.

In order to make room, I'm selling some incredible vehicles including a 1963 Sebring Silver with red interior corvette split-window coupe.

I also have the perfect pets for sale. KuneKune piglets (miniature pigs) make amazing pets. Generally considered more intelligent than dogs and very handy to have in a Survival situation.

I'll be posting lots of information over the next 90 days as we prepare to open our new store.

You can't go wrong with a 63 Split-Tail and homegrown bacon.. :lifter :D :lifter