Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Special Forces Assessment & Selection (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Paternity Leave (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34564)

allen87 08-02-2011 11:29

Paternity Leave

QPs,

I just found out that my wife is pregnant. We have not been to the doctor yet to determine a due date, but my rough estimates place it around the end of March or beginning of April. I am an 18x and I'm scheduled tentatively to attend Airborne in March and SOPC in the beginning of April. Since I will not be in selection at the time is it likely that I will be able to take paternity leave to be home for the birth?

Pete 08-02-2011 12:19

You are on a path.............

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen87 (Post 406853)
QPs,

I just found out that my wife is pregnant. We have not been to the doctor yet to determine a due date, but my rough estimates place it around the end of March or beginning of April. I am an 18x and I'm scheduled tentatively to attend Airborne in March and SOPC in the beginning of April. Since I will not be in selection at the time is it likely that I will be able to take paternity leave to be home for the birth?

You are on a path right now that goes from stop to stop. Not yet under the full control of SF types.

Put in for what you want, get what you can get but don't be surprised if you find a few more bumps and twists in your path.

30 days maybe? Going to keep up with PT?

Will you expect paternity leave for all the babies?

allen87 08-02-2011 12:34

Pete,

Thank you for the response. I am hoping I will be able to be home for the birth and a few days after. I will take what I can get and be happy. We are newly weds, this is our first child, and I will have been gone for over half the pregnancy at that point so I am hoping to at least be there, but if I can't then I can't. I am prior service so I'm at least some what aware of what I'm getting back into.

alelks 08-02-2011 13:07

I missed the birth of both of my kids as I was deployed each time. As a mater of fact Col Harley C. Davis met me at Pope when we landed with a box of cigars as my daughter was born 2 days earlier.

I also missed most of my kids birthdays.

69stang 05-24-2013 14:57

My wife is due to pop here in roughly a month and I leave for SUT here in a little over a week. I've heard rumor that they supposedly will allot 24 hours for me to go to the birth. Does anybody know if there's any truth to this?

The Reaper 05-24-2013 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69stang (Post 508413)
My wife is due to pop here in roughly a month and I leave for SUT here in a little over a week. I've heard rumor that they supposedly will allot 24 hours for me to go to the birth. Does anybody know if there's any truth to this?

Your cadre should be able to give you the current (and correct) response to that question.

TR