Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Weapons Discussion Area (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   MCX Ratteler PDWs (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53328)

Golf1echo 02-06-2018 21:38

MCX Ratteler PDWs

Interesting article. I know the Swiss Sig Sauer battle rifles have been around for a while ie. Sig 550, this looks interesting.

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone...ifle-in-combat

From a SOFX feed

Edit: That would be a MCX Rattler PDW ( kit ).

7624U 02-07-2018 16:16

Sweet

Because Oakley's, 511 pants, Sunto watch, and danner boots all go well with this new short barrel rifle.

Golf1echo 02-07-2018 18:43

I'm certainly no weapons expert but was hoping to learn something. I was a little surprised to see so many calibers and variations in the PDW category. I take it the concept is adding the Swiss Sig kit for its reputation of precision and durability to a common platform as opposed to using the Sig 552?

7624U reading between the lines it looks like this May be perceived as frivolous... Reminds me of an HK SP 89 I once had while I liked the 120 rounds ( dbl mag/ shoulder holster) the accuracy for such a short barrel and that it was classified as a hand gun...it was still a 9mm.

What would be used as a larger caliber for the vehicle without permitting a short barrel? Or the shot gun route... Suggestions ?

I was thinking a para stock for the 91 but that thing throws brass hard.

7624U 02-07-2018 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf1echo (Post 639797)
7624U reading between the lines it looks like this May be perceived as frivolous... Reminds me of an HK SP 89 I once had while I liked the 120 rounds ( dbl mag/ shoulder holster) the accuracy for such a short barrel and that it was classified as a hand gun...it was still a 9mm.

What would be used as a larger caliber for the vehicle without permitting a short barrel? Or the shot gun route... Suggestions ?

I was thinking a para stock for the 91 but that thing throws brass hard.

I was making the smart ass comment because the point of the PDW is to be concealed so that people don't see it. But then that really does not matter when the shooter himself sticks out with all of his tactical cool gear on his body and the bag the gun is in cost as much as most people make in a month in most countries.

I would rather just carry a dependable pistol and a burlap sack full of hand grenades if the SHTF in most low visibility situations.

Golf1echo 02-08-2018 03:02

^Thanks, I missed some of that as that gear isn't really on my radar. I thought Suntos were for adventure racers and poking around I see Swiss Sig 550s are selling for over $6,000.00 :eek: so it's hard to disagree with what you are saying... I think of them nostalgically, first weapons I was ever exposed to ( Stgw57 ).
http://www.forgottenweapons.com/rifles/sig-stgw-57/

You've got me realizing that I'm way overdue for some range time.

The original article had me thinking of the volatility of violence that is occurring along the front range here in particular CS coupled with travel to a remote area frequently. It's also important to me that I'm legal, back where I lived in WNC I knew all the police/ deputies, here I don't.

Brush, I was trying to remember I thought Matlin use to make some affordable rifles that used some of the hand gun calibers... I don't see them today or am not recalling that correctly?

cowboykpy 02-08-2018 05:32

18B screen time

That's funny, my senior Bravo is in the pic in the middle of the article, but that's a PAO picture from a trip three years ago. Good job, Tommy!!:lifter

Basenshukai 02-08-2018 05:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brush Okie (Post 639791)
Damn I have a g-shock watch. I need the Sunto to be a real operator. Well off to the tacticool store.........................:rolleyes:

Suuntos are still a thing? LOL!

JJ_BPK 02-08-2018 07:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7624U (Post 639789)
Sweet

Because Oakley's, 511 pants, Sunto watch, and danner boots all go well with this new short barrel rifle.

Ditto

A 5-inch barrel is a pistol,, and needs a sub-sonic pistol cartridge, in a suppressed pistol size package.

Start with the appropriate cartridge..
Hint: avoid 120YO rifle cartridges like the 300BO (30.30 Winchester re-birth, only less)

link to example article: Comparing the 10 mm, 450 SMC and .45 Super for Predator Defense

Then determine a form factor weapon for your PDW.

Have no use for these toys,, BUTT if I did I would look at something that is rated for the 450 SMC. It can be 45ACP subsonic for use with a can or 10mm HOT HOT HOT..

My $00.000002 :munchin

frostfire 02-09-2018 01:45

hmmm, and I thought it's a MK18 world out there.

At least that's what the special folks of various units and agencies are running around with here.

From HK416 to LWRC to MK18. Piston, piston, back to DI. Who knew:confused:

So a PDW MK18 in .224 Valkyrie then :munchin

I'd stick with my near-zero-maintenance-cheaper-than-9mm-worldwide-available-ammo-legal-as-pistol-hard-punching-concealable-in-winter PMPDW:D

Divemaster 02-09-2018 15:58

1 Attachment(s)
Let's leave the short barrel stuff to the pros, yeah?

tom kelly 02-09-2018 16:21

THE PRO's

Quote:

Originally Posted by Divemaster (Post 639924)
Let's leave the short barrel stuff to the pros, yeah?

PRO's = Profesional Actors & are members of the screen actors guild. tom kelly

Divemaster 02-12-2018 01:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom kelly (Post 639925)
PRO's = Profesional Actors & are members of the screen actors guild. tom kelly

Do we really have to use pink font every time? ;)

Golf1echo 02-13-2018 08:26

2 Attachment(s)
A lot of variety out there with so many levels, interesting.

https://danieldefense.com/catalogsea...eid=90e1e483a8

When I turned some of my HK's into sewing machines I never though I'd be living in a city...some seem a little more relevant now.

Edit: Despite image label first image is a 93, Cary handle for other weapon.