Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Army: No more kissing soldiers on St. Patrick’s in Savannah (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53409)

Pete 03-08-2018 15:02

Army: No more kissing soldiers on St. Patrick’s in Savannah

https://wtop.com/holidays/2018/03/ar...s-in-savannah/

"SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — The Army wants to halt a favorite St. Patrick’s Day shenanigan in Savannah that for decades has left marching soldiers with lipstick-smeared cheeks.

Roughly 200 soldiers from nearby Fort Stewart are expected to march in the coastal Georgia city’s sprawling St. Patrick’s Day parade March 17. Traditionally, women wearing bright lipstick dart from the crowd to plant kisses on the faces of passing troops.

A Fort Stewart spokesman and the parade’s chief organizer said Thursday the Army wants the soldier smooching stopped.

Fort Stewart spokesman Kevin Larson said the marching soldiers “need to look professional” and “red lipstick is not part of the uniform.”

Brian Counihan is chairman of the Savannah parade’s organizing committee. He says having spectators dash into the moving parade raises safety and security concerns."

Welcome to the new Army.

JimP 03-08-2018 15:08

Yet, they are all too willing to let you get a "loppadickoffame" and wear high-heels.

We've lost our freaking minds.

bblhead672 03-08-2018 15:10

Well, what if it's gay men wearing the lipstick and kissing the soldiers? In today's upside down world that has to be okay, right? :D

PSM 03-08-2018 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimP (Post 641099)

We haven't, but we should be doing something about those that have.

echoes 03-08-2018 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 641097)

https://wtop.com/holidays/2018/03/ar...s-in-savannah/

"SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — The Army wants to halt a favorite St. Patrick’s Day shenanigan in Savannah that for decades has left marching soldiers with lipstick-smeared cheeks.

Roughly 200 soldiers from nearby Fort Stewart are expected to march in the coastal Georgia city’s sprawling St. Patrick’s Day parade March 17. Traditionally, women wearing bright lipstick dart from the crowd to plant kisses on the faces of passing troops.

A Fort Stewart spokesman and the parade’s chief organizer said Thursday the Army wants the soldier smooching stopped.

Fort Stewart spokesman Kevin Larson said the marching soldiers “need to look professional” and “red lipstick is not part of the uniform.”

Brian Counihan is chairman of the Savannah parade’s organizing committee. He says having spectators dash into the moving parade raises safety and security concerns."

Welcome to the new Army.

My goodness gracious! WTH! This is a joke, right??? They have nothing better to do than micro-manage this?

Would give a kiss on the cheek, and the only safety concern would be if my red lipstick was put on correctly! Damn.. :p

Holly ��

echoes 03-08-2018 16:40

And just to add, can only hope the Soldiers receive a flood of support!!! ;)

Love Our Troops and Tradition!

Holly

Mustang Man 03-08-2018 18:16

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Brian Counihan is chairman of the Savannah parade’s organizing committee. He says having spectators dash into the moving parade raises safety and security concerns.
This is the epitome of the post-9/11 and SJW era we live in... Surprised this was never a concern of national security:rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimP (Post 641099)
Yet, they are all too willing to let you get a "loppadickoffame" and wear high-heels.

First thing that came to my mind lol.

Box 03-08-2018 21:39

No lipstick? I reckon a BJ is out of the question....

PRB 03-08-2018 22:38

Well, then us retiree's need to stand tall and take their places for this despicable act....no sacrifice too hard...etc, etc.

tom kelly 03-09-2018 01:45

NO KISSING THE TROOPS ???

Kevin Larson, YOU are an ASS Hat....Why don't you put in a 1049 for Astan ? DON'T LET FEAR STOP YOU.....Tom Kelly

rsdengler 03-09-2018 07:28

LOL.....I'll do it, just let me put on my favorite Chanel luscious Red and plant a nice smacker on that cheek....:p That's ridiculous, "not part of the uniform"...either is being a Tranny....

Box 03-09-2018 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsdengler (Post 641134)
LOL.....I'll do it, just let me put on my favorite Chanel luscious Red and plant a nice smacker on that cheek....:p That's ridiculous, "not part of the uniform"...either is being a Tranny....

You are going to end up in a reeducation camp if you don't calm yourself down.

Guy 03-09-2018 09:20

JESUS!

This reminds me of being told you can have only two (2) beers for lunch at the Yntema club...:D

Box 03-09-2018 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy (Post 641143)
This reminds me of being told you can have only two (2) beers for lunch at the Yntema club...:D

I never had more than 2 beers at the Yntema club.
First beer....
eat chili dogs
eat some French fries
drink beer
watch strippers
...last beer

1st Beer + Last Beer = 2 beers

PRB 03-09-2018 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy (Post 641143)

Hey, you didn't drink two...dibs....

Dancers.....rollink on de reeber