Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   7th Special Forces Group (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   '60 Minutes' visits 7th SFGA (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41452)

Richard 03-20-2013 09:44

'60 Minutes' visits 7th SFGA

1 Attachment(s)
Mark your calendars.

Richard
:munchin

'60 Minutes' visits 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne)

Laura Logan of CBS's "60 Minutes" conducts a walking interview with Sgt. 1st Class Chris Corban of 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) 7SFG(A) Eglin Base Air Force Base, Fla., March. 18, 2013. Laura Logan visited the 7SFG(A) compound for an upcoming story for "60 Minutes" which airs April 14 on CBS.

sinjefe 03-20-2013 10:09

"One day a scorpion arrived at the bank of a river he wanted to cross, but there was no bridge. He asked a frog that was sitting nearby if he would take him across the river on his back. The frog refused and said, 'I will not, because you will sting me.'

"The scorpion replied, 'It would be foolish for me to sting you because then we would both drown.'

"The frog saw the logic in the scorpion's words, and agreed to carry the scorpion across. But when they were halfway across the river the scorpion stung the frog. The stunned frog asked, 'Why did you sting me? Now we will both die!'

"The scorpion replied, 'Because I'm a scorpion … and that's what scorpions do.'"

MR2 03-20-2013 12:21

I was thinking the same thing Sinjefe.

BKKMAN 03-20-2013 13:33

Hopefully it ends up better than the last time Lara Logan and 7th Group met up...

60 Minutes 7th Group AFG video

My favorite quote from the older video (and the teaching point for all you young Regiment guys out there, that the cameras are always on and what you say is forever...):

Quote:

"Yeah. It's only pain when you acknowledge it. There's work that has to be done. You don't have the luxury of self pity," he replied.

SF18C 03-20-2013 14:07

SFC C needs to stand up straight.

Plus on site POA and JAG support!

mark46th 03-20-2013 14:27

Rarely does a visit from 60 Minutes go well for the military.

Surgicalcric 03-20-2013 14:42

Wonder how many other amputees she will try to visit while she is there...

Richard 03-20-2013 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by SF18C (Post 496961)
SFC C needs to stand up straight.

Might have a little something to do with his hi-speed prosthetic feet... ;)

Richard

SF18C 03-20-2013 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard (Post 496972)

Richard

Well color me stupid, I missed that completly! My apologies to SFC C, Rock on Warrior!

UWOA (RIP) 03-20-2013 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR2 (Post 496951)
I was thinking the same thing Sinjefe.

Ditto.

Streck-Fu 03-20-2013 15:23

I want to be the Malenois...

...Carry on...

longrange1947 03-20-2013 15:27

My experience with news reporters is all bad. I was all for letting the reporters see what was "really happening" in El Sal. It bit me big time when one followed myself and B.H. around. Damn near came to a Court Marshall for the both of us. The lies, twisting of question asked versus REAL question asked, half truth and BS proved to me that I do not do interviews, I do not talk to the press, and they can all kiss my rosy red. :mad:

UWOA (RIP) 03-20-2013 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by longrange1947 (Post 496979)
My experience with news reporters is all bad. I was all for letting the reporters see what was "really happening" in El Sal. It bit me big time when one followed myself and B.H. around. Damn near came to a Court Marshall for the both of us. The lies, twisting of question asked versus REAL question asked, half truth and BS proved to me that I do not do interviews, I do not talk to the press, and they can all kiss my rosy red. :mad:

Ditto.

69harley 03-20-2013 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard (Post 496972)

Richard

I am pretty good friends with Chris, and he seemed shorter when I first saw him after he was out of therapy. He decided to have his prosthetic legs made two inches shorter and two shoe sizes smaller. Said pants and shoes were more readily available in his 'new' size. Chris is hilarious sometimes.

Richard 03-20-2013 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69harley (Post 496994)
I am pretty good friends with Chris, and he seemed shorter when I first saw him after he was out of therapy. He decided to have his prosthetic legs made two inches shorter and two shoe sizes smaller. Said pants and shoes were more readily available in his 'new' size. Chris is hilarious sometimes.

Reminds me of a guy I knew who stepped on a toe-popper which resulted in one foot being 2 boot sizes smaller than his other foot - drove the S4s crazy when issuing him jungle boots or ski boots. :D

Richard