Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   "The Law is the Law" - VA Dems float Guard gun confiscation (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54592)

Fonzy 12-12-2019 09:00

"The Law is the Law" - VA Dems float Guard gun confiscation

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ol-legislation.

edit: posted without comment

bubba 12-12-2019 09:28

Do you want to start a civil war, cause that's how you start a civil war......

Florida Patriot 12-12-2019 09:30

What happens in Virginia will happen nationwide.

This is the pivot point. This is the Battle of Saratoga, or Gettysburg, for gun rights.

They have no legal basis to pass unconstitutional gun laws, but they do it every day. At that point if you have to do something illegal according to unconstitutional laws, you should be prepared to resist with deadly force the men who are willing to destroy you to enforce them or to comply. When the time comes you have to make the choice between what is right and what is easy.

My prayers & support are with my VA brethren.

Box 12-12-2019 10:21

I always find it interesting that the stance from an elected democrat is always "elections have consequences"
The stance from all unelected democrats is always one of obstruction, disunity, dysfunction, rebellion, and resistance.

Why is that?

Democrats love to say "Trump is not my president" - well, in spite of the horrible taste it puts in my mouth and the fact that it also caused 8 years worth of loose stools, Barack Hussein Obama was my president.
So, I am ok with Democrats that love to say "Trump is not my president" - because if he is NOT their president, they are not my countrymen.

The Reaper 12-12-2019 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fonzy (Post 654327)

What about the immigration laws?:munchin

Maybe we could use the National Guard to enforce those laws.

TR

Ret10Echo 12-12-2019 10:43

Who exactly do those idiot dims think are the people that comprise the National Guard within their state?

Hessians?

Box 12-12-2019 11:16

Submitted to my dear internet friends throughout this fine bulletin board that we share - may this post enrich your soul and bring hope at this most joyous time of year..........

I recently had a talk with a very close and very trusted friend that I have known since my childhood. My friend is in such disbelief of the shit show transpiring across this great nation of ours - more specifically the current threat to personal freedom in the state of Virginia - that he actually questioned if there really was such a place as a free state of Virginia.
I had to tell him...

...yes Santa Claus, there IS a Virginia

The media and members of the democratic party are wrong Santa - they have been affected by the skepticism of a skeptical age. They do not believe anything except that which they see or get told by their evil democrat overlords. They think that nothing can exist which is not easily comprehensible by their tiny little minds.

Freedom in the state of Virginia exists as certainly as North and South Carolina exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no freedom in Virginia. It would be as dreary as if there were no Santa Claus. There would be no childlike faith in our government, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The eternal light with which freedom fills the world would be extinguished.

All democrat minds are small Santa, whether they be local representatives, US Congressmen, or presidential candidates. In this great great universe of ours, democrats are mere insects, aimless little pissants, in their intellect, as compared with the boundless world about them, - blindly grasping the whole of truth and knowledge. Both concepts beyond the understanding of a common leftist.

Not believe in a free Virginia??? You might as well not believe in rainbows !!! You might get your papa to hire men to search Google Maps to find freedom in Virginia, but even if they did not see freedom on Google Maps, what would that prove? Nobody "sees" freedom Santa Claus, but that is no sign that there is no freedom left in Virginia. The most real things in the world are those that neither children nor grownups can see. Can you touch a rainbow??? Of course not, but that’s no proof that they are not there. Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world.
...except democrats. Democrats are just the worst.

You could tear apart the Bill of Rights to try and find where freedom was born but there is a veil covering the unseen world which not the strongest cis-gendered democrat, nor even the united strength of all the strongest multi-gendered democrats that ever lived, could tear apart. Only faith and a thirst for freedom from democratic oppression can cast aside that curtain and view the beauty and glory of freedom in the state of Virginia. Is freedom in the state of Virginia real??? Ah my dear friend Santa, in all this world there is nothing else more real and abiding than freedom in the heart of the citizens of Virginia.

Yes Santa Claus there is a Virginia !!! Thank God she lives, and she lives forever. A thousand years from now, nay, ten times ten thousand years from now, she will continue to make glad the heart of freedom in the real Americans that call Virginia home.

...or at least until the democrats finish fucking things up.

Old Dog New Trick 12-12-2019 13:06

That will last all of about 3-seconds!!!

rsdengler 12-12-2019 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick (Post 654335)
That will last all of about 3-seconds!!!

Yeah, sort of like a male Democrap Politician having sex......Ahhh damn... pre-jack......:D

Sorry, couldn't resist.....

WTF is wrong with Democraps? What a Shit Show in VA. Oh lets try to pass a BS law that deprives legal abiding citizens of their rights as gun owners. And you want to threaten and say "that there will be consequences" to the police departments that don't enforce that law? What a crock of hooey. This from the same morons that are to pussy assed to pass and enforce laws holding scumbag criminals accountable for crimes using illegal guns. Pass the popcorn, I'm just waiting for a front row seat at the Guillotine Show....

Old Dog New Trick 12-12-2019 14:36

Just in case we need a refresher course.

The Battle of Athens

https://constitution.org/mil/tn/batathen.htm

Maybe the two (or more) Democrats from VA should have studied non-revisionist history when they attended school.

tonyz 12-12-2019 14:39

Just some thoughts below - these seem to me to be reasonable cornerstones of our still free nation - there are, however, some legislators and some judges who obviously disagree.

*Each and every home...of every single law abiding citizen in the United States of America...is a gun sanctuary with or without a specific statute proclaiming so.

*Passing a law that is obviously repugnant to the Constitution and clearly infringes on the 2A is invalid on its face.

*A law, invalid on its face, is an empty legislative point without force of law or vitality particularly as it applies to - and especially - if it infringes on the 2A.

*Gun confiscation/registration (actual or by virtue of statute) imposed on a free people is the tool of tyrants...this movie has played before.

"Concord Hymn" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

By the rude bridge that arched the flood,
Their flag to April's breeze unfurled,
Here once the embattled farmers stood,
And fired the shot heard round the world.
The foe long since in silence slept;
Alike the conqueror silent sleeps;
And Time the ruined bridge has swept
Down the dark stream which seaward creeps.
On this green bank, by this soft stream,
We set to-day a votive stone;
That memory may their deed redeem,
When, like our sires, our sons are gone.
Spirit, that made those heroes dare
To die, and leave their children free,
Bid Time and Nature gently spare
The shaft we raise to them and thee.

bblhead672 12-12-2019 15:42

Democratic Virginia Rep. Donald McEachin better hope that 99% of Virginia National Guardsmen come from the Democrat cities AND share his belief system.

Getting the VA Guard involved could result in the Sheriffs and their militias have powerful allies.

Golf1echo 12-12-2019 17:25

There is us and then there is them, I can understand that even though I don’t agree with much of what they think........What I can’t understand are the others, especially in this day and age? In earnest can anyone explain why so many registered voters aren’t voting? In the larger picture these elected officials in many cases are not truly representatives...
:(
From Virginia’s own government site:
https://www.elections.virginia.gov/r...ut-statistics/

PSM 12-12-2019 18:05

In the 1992 L.A. Riots, the Guard was called up but were not issued ammo. I know of some guys that brought their own after seeing what was going on in the streets.

The VA Guard won't have ammo either, if they even show up. Also, the governor may be careful what he wishes for, they could just as easily take over the state house. Or the President could Federalize them.

CSB 12-12-2019 19:35

Quote:

Democratic Virginia Rep. Donald McEachin suggested cutting off state funds to counties that do not comply with any gun control measures that pass in Richmond.

“They certainly risk funding, because if the sheriff's department is not going to enforce the law, they're going to lose money. The counties' attorneys offices are not going to have the money to prosecute because their prosecutions are going to go down,” he said.

McEachin also noted that Democratic Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam could call the National Guard, if necessary.

“And ultimately, I'm not the governor, but the governor may have to nationalize the National Guard to enforce the law,” he said. “That's his call, because I don't know how serious these counties are and how severe the violations of law will be. But that's obviously an option he has.”
What a buffoon. The governor can "activate" or "call up" the National Guard, but he cannot "nationalize" it. And if he is referring to a presidential order "federalizing" the Guard (placing them under federal control) well, I think that is a dandy idea. And what orders do you thing President Donald Trump will give to a federalized National Guard?

It's been done before.

You may recall when the Brown vs. Alabama and related cases called for enforcement of various civil rights laws allowing black students into formerly all white schools. The governors of Alabama (George Wallace) and Arkansas (Orval Faubus) activated their state National Guard to prevent black students from entering the schools. President Kennedy and President Eisenhower simply cut the legs out from under the governors by calling the Guard into federal service, placing them under presidential control. (And in the case of Eisenhower, emphasizing the point by bringing in the 327th Infantry Battalion from the 101st Airborne Division into Little Rock).

Yeah, I could see President Trump doing something like that to "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States" and to "take care that the laws be faithfully executed."