Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   1st Special Forces Group (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Fort Lewis and Seattle (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10208)

Roguish Lawyer 03-24-2006 16:44

Fort Lewis and Seattle

I am in Seattle on business from time to time and wondered how realistic it would be to drive down there from Seattle at close of business for a link-up, then return the same evening or early the next morning. Looks like about an hour's drive, but is it really? In traffic?

Eagle5US 03-24-2006 17:37

COME ON DOWN!!!

We have a number of folks who live in or near Seattle and work here on Lewis. The fam and I drive up to REI all the time after I get off work. Spend an hour and some $$$..then drive back.

45 min to 1:15 each way depending on traffic / accidents etc. Easy drive-straight shot.

Love to see ya RL-you would be welcomed here:cool:

Eagle

Roguish Lawyer 03-24-2006 17:42

Great! I'll PM you next time I'm in town.

Gene Econ 03-24-2006 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer
I am in Seattle on business from time to time and wondered how realistic it would be to drive down there from Seattle at close of business for a link-up, then return the same evening or early the next morning. Looks like about an hour's drive, but is it really? In traffic?

Friday night? Well over an hour to cover 45 miles. Rush hour on a Friday night goes from about 1500 - 1900. Unless there are wrecks. I wouldn't advise making that drive tonight. Violent rain storms have caused a mess on I-5.

Gene

Trip_Wire (RIP) 03-25-2006 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer

RL, rush hour traffic on I-5 is a bitch! It will take you almost one hour to get halfway at that time of night!

Also, the Ft. Lewis "Clubs" suck in IMHO! So, what were you thinking about doing there? The 1st SFG(A) has a nice dinning facility, but by the time you get there it will most likely be closed. If somebody living on post, would set-up a link at his quarters the trip might be worthwhile; however, with the deployments, etc. this might be difficult too.

Perhaps, it would be better to meet either almost halfway, (SeaTac Airport area) with those living in the Seattle/Tacoma area. I live in the Federal Way area which is halfway between the two cities.

Where do you normally stay when you over night in Seattle? I know that my wife and I would like to meet you and have a couple of drinks, etc. if we were free. :lifter

Roguish Lawyer 03-26-2006 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gene Econ
Friday night? Well over an hour to cover 45 miles. Rush hour on a Friday night goes from about 1500 - 1900. Unless there are wrecks. I wouldn't advise making that drive tonight. Violent rain storms have caused a mess on I-5.

Gene

I doubt this would be on a Friday night. Probably mid-week.

Roguish Lawyer 03-26-2006 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip_Wire
RL, rush hour traffic on I-5 is a bitch! It will take you almost one hour to get halfway at that time of night!

Also, the Ft. Lewis "Clubs" suck in IMHO! So, what were you thinking about doing there? The 1st SFG(A) has a nice dinning facility, but by the time you get there it will most likely be closed. If somebody living on post, would set-up a link at his quarters the trip might be worthwhile; however, with the deployments, etc. this might be difficult too.

Perhaps, it would be better to meet either almost halfway, (SeaTac Airport area) with those living in the Seattle/Tacoma area. I live in the Federal Way area which is halfway between the two cities.

Where do you normally stay when you over night in Seattle? I know that my wife and I would like to meet you and have a couple of drinks, etc. if we were free. :lifter

Many of my trips there are day trips for a meeting, but I usually stay at the Inn at Harbor Steps when overnighting there.

Next time I'm up there with some extra time, I'll let everyone know and we can try to set something up somewhere.

Warrior-Mentor 03-27-2006 08:34

I'll be up there for a couple weeks end of May early June.

Expecting a boy 26MAY!

Joe

The Reaper 03-27-2006 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior-Mentor

Expecting a boy 26MAY!

Joe

Congrats, Joe!!

Looking for a real hospital?

TR

Chris 03-27-2006 08:36

Congratulations WM!

Eagle5US 03-27-2006 08:39

Quote:

Expecting a boy 26MAY!

Joe

The GP CSM for 1st SFG(A) is haveing his retirement party on the 25th...IF you think you could make it to party with a bunch of yahoos Sir! :D

Eagle

Roguish Lawyer 03-27-2006 09:34

Quote:

Expecting a boy 26MAY!

Joe

Congrats!

Peregrino 03-27-2006 10:21

Quote:

Expecting a boy 26MAY!

Joe

Congratulaions! Just think - all those years gaining experience while attempting to mold immature minds/bodies might actually be (personally) useful now. :p Peregrino

dennisw 03-27-2006 10:23

Congrats on the expected arrival. Any names picked out? I noticed the new Harsey sword/knife is called The Reaper. That would be a name that might stand out in pre-school. :D

Sten 03-27-2006 10:30

Quote:

Expecting a boy 26MAY!

Joe

Congrats!