Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Weapons Discussion Area (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   AR Bump Fire Stock (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33733)

JJ_BPK 05-24-2011 18:30

AR Bump Fire Stock

This may be a solution for those that live were your can't get permission to own real toys.

These fellows have created a stock that allows bump-firing of an AR15 and some AR10's.

SSAR-15 Slide Fire Buttstock from Slide Fire Solutions

http://www.slidefiresolutions.com/Product-SSAR-15.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v50eqLqotKM

Not cheap but but man toys rarely are..

:munchin

Peregrino 05-24-2011 21:52

Borrow before you buy. This is an accessory I definitely recommend test driving before spending money. You probably won't be impressed. I went to the range with the gunsmith and we played with one he borrowed for T&E. Needless to say we're not spending money on acquiring one.

Papa Zero Three 05-24-2011 21:55

I had a chance to look at and handle one of these in the gun store. The videos look pretty good but the feel/quality of that stock system felt like cheap plastic. I have to question it's durability/longevity and it's price. If it didn't feel so cheap I might have picked one up just to fool with it but as soon as I touched it I decided to save my money. I might be completely wrong in my evaluation though so if someone does have one, please chime in.

rdret1 05-25-2011 06:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peregrino (Post 395365)
Borrow before you buy. This is an accessory I definitely recommend test driving before spending money. You probably won't be impressed. I went to the range with the gunsmith and we played with one he borrowed for T&E. Needless to say we're not spending money on acquiring one.

What were some of the problenms? I have been seeing several videos and articles and thinking about trying to get one.

chance 05-25-2011 18:23

What is the BATF's take on this part?

kgoerz 05-25-2011 18:30

How is this not an automatic weapon....lol. Our laws and the system that enforces, prosecutes and defends them. Is an embarrassment.

MTN Medic 05-25-2011 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by chance (Post 395601)
What is the BATF's take on this part?

from the website

Quote:

Includes: SSAR-15 Rifle Stock, Interface Block, Hex Key, Instructions and BATFE Approval Letter.

PSM 05-25-2011 19:02

JJ: http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...highlight=bump ;)

Pat

The Reaper 05-25-2011 19:03

I don't see the attraction.

You may be technically legal, but anyone who hears it is going to think you have an automatic weapon, may call the cops, and you are going to have some 'splaining to do. You will draw a lot of attention to yourself likely involving a field interview, a potential search of you/your vehicle/your home/your gun safe, and possible seizure of your weapon, requiring a lawyer to get everything fixed.

Join the Army or Marines. Always openings for someone to hump the M-240 or M-249. Free ammo too! Maybe even a two-way range to try your skills.

TR

kgoerz 05-25-2011 19:03

I know the automatic weapons ban is stupid. I would rather be a victim of a shooting spree done with full Auto. Then well aimed Semi Auto.
But the law says they are illegal. Anyone with an IQ higher then a house plant can agree this is Automatic fire. But its legal because of a loophole.
If you think this should not be characterized as automatic fire.Then it's hard to bitch about other people beating the system because of a loophole.

Peregrino 05-25-2011 20:16

Expensive, cheaply made, less accurate than real auto fire, requires a delicate balance to function as intended, detracts from the fit/feel of the weapon, generally unimpressive. But that's MOO! :p YMMV. That's why I strongly recommend you test drive one BEFORE you put down any money.

Iraqgunz 05-26-2011 03:14

Actually it's not illegal. You should read what the federal definition is of an automatic weapon. That it how they got around it and they begrudgingly got BATFE approval. Automatic weapons are not illegal. You simply cannot manufacture them for civilian sale after May 1986. As long as it is fully transferable pre May 1986 and registered then you are golden.

IMO it's a stupid novelty and waste of money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgoerz (Post 395624)
I know the automatic weapons ban is stupid. I would rather be a victim of a shooting spree done with full Auto. Then well aimed Semi Auto.
But the law says they are illegal. Anyone with an IQ higher then a house plant can agree this is Automatic fire. But its legal because of a loophole.
If you think this should not be characterized as automatic fire.Then it's hard to bitch about other people beating the system because of a loophole.

JJ_BPK 05-26-2011 04:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSM (Post 395622)

Thanks Pat,, Getting forgetful.. :mad::o

JJ_BPK 05-26-2011 04:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peregrino (Post 395644)
Expensive, cheaply made, less accurate than real auto fire, requires a delicate balance to function as intended, detracts from the fit/feel of the weapon, generally unimpressive. But that's MOO! :p YMMV. That's why I strongly recommend you test drive one BEFORE you put down any money.

Yes to all,, With the exception of Expensive all the attributes apply to the ubiquitous AK..

I am not advocating these.. I was looking for a discussion..

Got it.. :D:D

kgoerz 05-26-2011 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iraqgunz (Post 395669)
Actually it's not illegal. You should read what the federal definition is of an automatic weapon. That it how they got around it and they begrudgingly got BATFE approval. Automatic weapons are not illegal. You simply cannot manufacture them for civilian sale after May 1986. As long as it is fully transferable pre May 1986 and registered then you are golden.

IMO it's a stupid novelty and waste of money.

point being you cant buy them over the counter like you can a Semi.