Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Special Forces Fieldcraft (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Concealed Carry Discussion (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49862)

Roguish Lawyer 11-07-2015 18:13

Concealed Carry Discussion

I am interested in people's thoughts on best practices. :munchin

Let's kick this off with a discussion about how to carry concealed in shorts, a t-shirt, and flip-flops. :munchin

PSM 11-07-2015 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer (Post 596734)

Let's kick this off with a discussion about how to carry concealed in shorts, a t-shirt, and flip-flops. :munchin

What are you going to carry? I carry my wife's .38 Spl in a Remora holster. My .45 would leave me rather embarrassed. ;)

ETA: This is with elastic/drawstring shorts. With shorts that would allow a belt, I'd stay with my .45 and Crossbreed holster.

Pat

Roguish Lawyer 11-07-2015 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSM (Post 596736)
What are you going to carry? I carry my wife's .38 Spl in a Remora holster. My .45 would leave me rather embarrassed. ;)

ETA: This is with elastic/drawstring shorts. With shorts that would allow a belt, I'd stay with my .45 and Crossbreed holster.

Pat

This isn't about me, particularly since I live in a place where carry is prohibited. However, if hypothetically I were to carry, it would be an H&K .40 USP in a Kramer IWB leather holster. :D

Roguish Lawyer 11-07-2015 19:37

Another carry situation of interest to me, hypothetically only, of course, is the normal "business casual" trousers, with a tucked-in long sleeve dress shirt and belt.

Redwood 11-07-2015 20:22

My Concealed Carry Method

Quote:

For the past six months or so, I've started carrying appendix style in a kydex holster made by Bladetech. Now that I have learned how to carry in this position, I don't think I will ever go back to carrying any other way.

In the past, I carried slightly behind my right hip, at the 4-5 o'clock position.

From the appendix position, my draw is faster and cleaner, I have better access to the gun in the majority of situations, and I find that it conceals better in almost all clothing, including when wearing a simple normal fitting t-shirt and shorts.

I spend much of my time in the hot and humid South, so even during winter, I am wearing shorts and t-shirts rather often.

I have a relatively athletic build. I am 5'10 and approximately 180 lbs. When I am wearing lighter clothes, I typically carry a S&W M&P Shield (9mm) and when I am able to put on layers, I usually cary my Glock 19.

Unless a t-shirt is tightly fitted, I find that I barely print. Even with the Glock, in the appendix position, one would have to be at the right angle and know what to look for in order to spot any outline.

Just my two cents.

Redwood 11-07-2015 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer (Post 596738)
Another carry situation of interest to me, hypothetically only, of course, is the normal "business casual" trousers, with a tucked-in long sleeve dress shirt and belt.

If you are going to be carrying with a tucked in shirt or without a belt/solid pant's waist, you may want to checkout a bellyband style holster. I have this one from Crossbreed: http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/Ho...d/Default.aspx

It isn't very effective if I am just carrying with a pair of gym shorts because the elastic is not strong enough to keep the gun pressed to my body securely, but your mileage may vary.

For those situations, I think a belly band style holster without a separate kydex holster would work better (however, I have no personal experience with any other types of belly band holsters).

The Crossbreed does work quite well for dressier situations when I need to tuck in my shirt.

PSM 11-07-2015 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer (Post 596738)

Well of course, that goes without saying. ;)

My .45 is an HK USP Compact and I have the Crossbreed SuperTuck. Since I got it, I've never had to tuck in my shirt, so I'm not sure how or how well it works. Love the holster, though. I honestly forget that I have it on even without a belt on jeans. And I wear t-shirts all the time. You just have to move it around and find the "sweet spot".

A member on here, Golf1Echo, visited recently and I'm not sure if he noticed that I was carrying or not. I couldn't tell if he was.

Pat

The Reaper 11-07-2015 22:30

Pocket carry.

TR

Guymullins 11-08-2015 00:05

While not being the best, I carry a Colt Cobra snubbie in my pocket . If I am going to be somewhere where more firepower may be needed, my Star PD .45 goes into one pocket and a couple of spare mags in the other. While driving, either one is between my legs pointing rearwards.

MtnGoat 11-08-2015 01:18

IN Shorts, I like cargo shorts, middle of the back of right hip with a T-shirt. To be fair, you really should change up what you carry for what you are dressed in.

In Shorts I would like a hammerless 38 special snub nose revolvers, effective and very concealable IMO. .38 with new loads and bullet types you get an effective bullet for self defense.

JJ_BPK 11-08-2015 08:05

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper (Post 596750)
Pocket carry.

TR

1)NAA 22mag, 8oz, 5rd, SS so it is somewhat impervious to salt water & sweat, not the most potent, but very concealable in sport shorts or bathers..

2)If you have a little more room, S&W Ti series. Mine is the 342 Ti, 38+P, 13 oz, 5rd.

3)Cargo shorts, SIG P938, 9MM, 18oz, 8rd, Pocket carry OR get a Techna-clip

This is assuming you are not doing "bags", like belly or butt or sling..

The S&W 342 fits in the sunglasses case.. The SIG is only slightly larger.

craigepo 11-08-2015 08:53

I presently have a 9mm and a .380. However, after the last couple of weeks, and dealing with some rather unsavory characters, I am thinking seriously about getting a license to carry a very short shotgun, probably in a briefcase. Not something that I would want to mess with every day though

miclo18d 11-08-2015 14:23

Quote:

Let's kick this off with a discussion about how to carry concealed in shorts, a t-shirt, and flip-flops.

Standard Florida carry, if you ask me.

I carry full sized FNS-9, IWB, on my side.. In shorts, with a t-shirt, and Keens (I hate flops). I wear my T-shirts XL... Loose

Florida also has no law against printing, so if it sticks out a bit... It's just my "cell phone". YMMV

Rob_Frey 11-08-2015 16:46

I am using a Glock Model 43 9mm in a DeSantis Nemesis holster to pocket carry in the warmer weather when a coat would be obvious. I know some people hate Glocks, but I have never had a problem with mine.