Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Special Forces Assessment & Selection (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   I'm in great shape, will basic training keep me here (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49666)

Looks228 10-05-2015 13:57

I'm in great shape, will basic training keep me here

I am an 18x and I'm in the best shape of my life. I am 20 years old, 6'1 and 194lbs. I've been doing crossfit for the pat 6 months. All I wanted to know is if basic training is going to be anywhere as high intensity as my past 6 months. Will I get weaker? Will I lose weight? Or is it only up from here? I ship October 13th to fort benning to begin my journey

JimP 10-05-2015 16:07

Basic will be a joke for you if you are in great shape going in. remember, they are trying to take a bunch of fat-phucs and get them to the next stage of their training.

You'll do well. Stay the "gray man" and don't show off. Keep humble.

Work out on your own when you can to stay in shape.

PRB 10-05-2015 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimP (Post 594481)
Basic will be a joke for you if you are in great shape going in. remember, they are trying to take a bunch of fat-phucs and get them to the next stage of their training.

You'll do well. Stay the "gray man" and don't show off. Keep humble.

Work out on your own when you can to stay in shape.

What he said...you will also be disgusted by how out of shape your cohorts are....just keep that internalized...be a team player on the quiet side and do your X fit in the barracks or outdoors when you can.

SF_BHT 10-05-2015 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Looks228 (Post 594477)
I am an 18x and I'm in the best shape of my life. I am 20 years old, 6'1 and 194lbs. I've been doing crossfit for the pat 6 months. All I wanted to know is if basic training is going to be anywhere as high intensity as my past 6 months. Will I get weaker? Will I lose weight? Or is it only up from here? I ship October 13th to fort benning to begin my journey

What my brothers said but you may not survive basic since you can not follow rules.

Please post your intro in the appropriate place......
And fill out your profile.

It takes brains and brawn and wits to do this job....

Santo Tomas 10-06-2015 06:59

The worst part will be reception. Keep your mouth closed and eyes open. Identify the good ones and align yourself with them.

Joker 10-06-2015 20:23

I see that you edited your introduction. The PT scores that you originally posted would get you shown the door to legland and you would not even see Bragg. You have a lot of work to do. Excel in basic and use it to get stronger and much faster.

Dive08 10-06-2015 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joker (Post 594549)
I see that you edited your introduction. The PT scores that you originally posted would get you shown the door to legland and you would not even see Bragg. You have a lot of work to do. Excel in basic and use it to get stronger and much faster.

No worries, 2ID in Korea always needs more young hard chargers.

Team Sergeant 10-07-2015 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimP (Post 594481)
Basic will be a joke

Kind of like Ranger school now......:munchin ;)