Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Professional Gear (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   blankets (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54381)

JJ_BPK 07-16-2020 12:20

4 Attachment(s)
After a couple of months of bickering and sourcing, we have a product.

And I am very pleased
:lifter:D:lifter

initial notes(NOT complaints)

1)inside pocket, I would have put it on the left side, I could use it as a holster. Caveat: my lightest toy is the S&W 342 Ti, 13oz+ loaded, I got it for swim trunk type shorts,, it may still show as the light fluffy material deforms with very little weight. :[

2)a small velcro patch or button on the center of the belt and under the center-back loop to keep the belt from sliding off

3)arm velcro patch is not big enough for the 1st Cav

4)love the:
  • buttons on the lapels to hold the fold
  • hood
  • fit, it's nice to be a little oversized to wrap around when you sit.
  • buttons on the sleeves to shorten them when needed, hot weather??

5)fit is supper. I sit out on my porch for a whisky & cigar 1-2 times a week all yr. Until the temps get below 32. This should keep me toasty down to 40deg? with some layering, maybe lower. I haven't experienced any of the new ultra-light thermal materials, still a canvas & down type.

Attached a couple of quick pictures.

And for the astute observers, after some 127+ days,, my #1 G-daughter cut a hi-n-tight. :]

link to older thread

PS; The beret is my orginal 1969 issue and the Cpt bars are the painter silver camo we had for a short period.

PSM 07-16-2020 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ_BPK (Post 660750)

And for the astute observers, after some 127+ days,, my #1 G-daughter cut a hi-n-tight. :]

link to older thread

When my wife saw your 'hairy' pic, she said, "What is that?" :D

cbtengr 07-17-2020 06:18

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by PSM (Post 660763)
When my wife saw your 'hairy' pic, she said, "What is that?" :D

My first thought was. You clean up good though.

Attachment 36686

TOMAHAWK9521 01-08-2021 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ_BPK (Post 660750)
After a couple of months of bickering and sourcing, we have a product.

And I am very pleased
:lifter:D:lifter

initial notes(NOT complaints)

1)inside pocket, I would have put it on the left side, I could use it as a holster. Caveat: my lightest toy is the S&W 342 Ti, 13oz+ loaded, I got it for swim trunk type shorts,, it may still show as the light fluffy material deforms with very little weight. :[

2)a small velcro patch or button on the center of the belt and under the center-back loop to keep the belt from sliding off

3)arm velcro patch is not big enough for the 1st Cav

4)love the:
  • buttons on the lapels to hold the fold
  • hood
  • fit, it's nice to be a little oversized to wrap around when you sit.
  • buttons on the sleeves to shorten them when needed, hot weather??

5)fit is supper. I sit out on my porch for a whisky & cigar 1-2 times a week all yr. Until the temps get below 32. This should keep me toasty down to 40deg? with some layering, maybe lower. I haven't experienced any of the new ultra-light thermal materials, still a canvas & down type.

link to older thread

PS; The beret is my orginal 1969 issue and the Cpt bars are the painter silver camo we had for a short period.

Update:

Issue #1: Sorry. No changes intended for the inside pocket. I had to standardize the design to streamline the assembly.

#2: The belt/loop issue, however, has been resolved. Working with the designers, we changed out the belt loops with lengths of gutted 550 and added a short bit of 550 on the center of the belt to secure it to the center loop.

#3: The 4x4 velcro on the shoulders is about as big as I can go. I've got some patches with odd dimensions, myself, and have simply opted to not put them on my PBLJ.

BTW, Jim, you can fall asleep on your porch in that thing at 40 degrees.

I'm waiting for a very small production run (30 solid OD jackets, 5/size) to be completed sometime in the near future. Manufacturing a new product, especially an apparel product takes a lot longer than I had hoped. On top of all that, WuFlu has been a serious boat anchor on every aspect of this process.

I realize this may sound a bit steep but the solid colors and the Woodland models will be $300. That will include shipping. There are other prints/patterns that I have used during product development and want to put into production, but the price on those models will be higher due to the cost per yard of their outer shell prints/patterns being significantly more expensive. The Multicam fabric I used on Jim's jacket turned out to be the second most expensive material I've found. Is there a less expensive MultiCam fabric? Yes, but it is the same fabric used in a poncho liner, which doesn't function as well as the stuff I've selected.

I know everyone would prefer a lower cost but you can't make something like this here in the States for the same price of overseas production. Besides, this is way beyond simply repurposing a woobie. Due to the complicated design, the prices for the materials and manufacturing per unit are high and that doesn't leave me with much of a profit per unit. All the materials are, to the best of my knowledge, US-based and the manufacturing is done by Americans. And with everything that has come to pass this past year, I absolutely refuse to surrender my design specs to overseas manufactures who I guarantee will bootleg them and flood the market with their shit copies.

FlagDayNCO 01-08-2021 18:03

Looks and sounds good

Finally, something to talk about besides the Commie insurrection.

This may he the coolest - warmest house coat to wear for Commie hunt’in.

I’m gonna have to get at least one.

Penn 01-08-2021 23:32

Maybe missed the ordering process, AMBI, but all in and ready to procure a 3/4 length parka like hoodie.

TOMAHAWK9521 01-10-2021 20:17

Nothing has been missed. I don't have any inventory right now. I've handed the production over to a local manufacturer but it takes time. I presented them with something a bit more complicated than they first imagined. A long time was spent stream-lining and tweaking it. And there are two other issues: I'm not the only customer they are supporting and WuFlu has seriously impacted their level of operations. I fear the roll out will be rather slow.

Penn 01-10-2021 21:09

No worries, ctc when up and running

Golf1echo 10-26-2021 08:28

1 Attachment(s)
A new version of the venerable G1 Liner 8BTR*, it pays homage to our early young testers that exclaimed the liners were hot as lava.
* 8oz/sq yd Primaloft Gold w/breathable thermal reflective membrane.

Black Lava, shown in the wrap configuration.

Eagle5US 10-26-2021 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf1echo (Post 671651)
A new version of the venerable G1 Liner 8BTR*, it pays homage to our early young testers that exclaimed the liners were hot as lava.
* 8oz/sq yd Primaloft Gold w/breathable thermal reflective membrane.

Black Lava, shown in the wrap configuration.

I don't know what any of this means...is this a woobie replacement? What is the link? Is it any good?

Very confused...

7624U 10-26-2021 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle5US (Post 671652)
I don't know what any of this means...is this a woobie replacement? What is the link? Is it any good?

Very confused...

I think this is the link for the new thermal liners Golf is talking about.
you can build a custom liner but they are as pricy as a gortex liner or mid lvl sleeping bag around 200-250.

http://www.grouponeequipment.com/products

Golf1echo 10-26-2021 18:57

2 Attachment(s)
Eagle, your right I didn’t mean to be confusing, I’ve been sewing Multicam for too long. 7624U is correct it is a liner we built for a challenge about ten years ago. The challenge was a liner for extreme cold conditions with an eye to save weight for Denali accents and ops above the Arctic Circle. Basically the image is that liner which is the top piece in a modular system.

In this liners early stages our children would try it and unanimously describe its warmth as lava, we had denoted it having the BTR membrane with orange until soldiers wouldn’t have it anymore. I have always thought about the lava analogy and had this in mind for a while and now Multicam Black and Tropic have become available.

This is in the wrap configuration which is still large enough for a medium pack underneath, it can be used/attached to our shells, and in several other ways. The BTR was part of a NASA project and reflects warmth back but allows vapor to move out and away For great comfort. 7624U is right these are expensive most of those cost are quality materials and quantities.

This version isn’t on the site just now it is more for our Outdoor Retailers but we’re building them.

Images are a bit of an analogy indicating the infrared energy of inner heat reflected and retained by a crust...

Eagle5US 10-26-2021 19:02

Looks incredible for certain....

Price is relative. I'd rather have a quality product i pay for once over 20 years than having to pay for something substandard every few years.

interested - open to a PM.

Gimme a shout.

7624U 10-27-2021 06:54

Wish this was up and running when I was a SUT instructor in 2006, I would have bought the recon model. As Eagle said price is relative for an American made product that would last for years.

The Reaper 10-27-2021 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf1echo (Post 671654)
Eagle, your right I didn’t mean to be confusing, I’ve been sewing Multicam for too long. 7624U is correct it is a liner we built for a challenge about ten years ago. The challenge was a liner for extreme cold conditions with an eye to save weight for Denali accents and ops above the Arctic Circle. Basically the image is that liner which is the top piece in a modular system.

In this liners early stages our children would try it and unanimously describe its warmth as lava, we had denoted it having the BTR membrane with orange until soldiers wouldn’t have it anymore. I have always thought about the lava analogy and had this in mind for a while and now Multicam Black and Tropic have become available.

This is in the wrap configuration which is still large enough for a medium pack underneath, it can be used/attached to our shells, and in several other ways. The BTR was part of a NASA project and reflects warmth back but allows vapor to move out and away For great comfort. 7624U is right these are expensive most of those cost are quality materials and quantities.

This version isn’t on the site just now it is more for our Outdoor Retailers but we’re building them.

Image is a bit of an analogy of inner heat held by a crust...

I can vouch for the quality of Golf1echo's products.

Tough and effective gear.

TR