Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   TAPS (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Colonel Jack Moroney (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20273)

The Reaper 10-27-2008 18:34

Colonel Jack Moroney

1 Attachment(s)
It is with deep regret that the staff and members of ProfessionalSoldiers.com report the passing this morning of Jack Moroney, Colonel (Retired), Special Forces.

Colonel Moroney was a rare individual who was a warrior, mentor, leader, father, husband and great American. He epitomized the Quiet Professional.

I was privileged to have him as a Group Commander, there was no one better at getting the job done and taking care of his people than Colonel Moroney. Woe to anyone who attempted to mess with his people, or Special Forces.

He was a friend who could be counted on and an inspiration who led from the front.

I am proud to have known him, and the world is a lesser place without him.

RIP, Sir. Thank you for your exceptional service, and your friendship. You will not be forgotten.

Save a place for us on the other side. We will meet again.

TR

"Wenn einer von uns fallen sollt, der Andere steht für zwei"

Team Sergeant 10-27-2008 18:35

Colonel Jack Moroney

Special Forces officer, warrior, mentor and great American, thank you Sir for sharing part of your life experiences and lessons with me. It was an honor to have known you.

Rest in Peace Colonel Moroney.

You will be missed.

Jeff

SF_BHT 10-27-2008 18:36

Rest in Peace Col Jack.

It was an Honor serving with you and you will be sorely missed.

Kyobanim 10-27-2008 18:37

Col. Jack,

It has been my honor to know you these last few years. I will miss you and your council.

Rest in Peace, Sir.

Curt

2018commo 10-27-2008 18:38

Rest in Peace, Sir.
Your wisdom and passion will be missed.

bluebb 10-27-2008 19:02

Rest in Peace Warrior

Rest in peace Colonel Moroney.

jbour13 10-27-2008 19:06

Sad day indeed

Sir,

You were the sage of wisdom that created extraordinary men. Many will carry with you a lifelong passion of courage and a warrior spirit from your fine example of a man, a soldier, and a warrior.

RIP Sir

Peregrino 10-27-2008 19:10

Rest in Peace, Sir. Our prayers for your family in their time of need.

Justinmd 10-27-2008 19:14

Sir, rest in peace.

longrange1947 10-27-2008 19:19

Rest in Peace Sir.

You deserve a well earned rest.

Gypsy 10-27-2008 19:49

I am in shock and deeply saddened...the world will be a lesser place without your wit and wisdom. Sir, though we never met...I will miss you greatly. Rest in Peace, Colonel...my prayers are with your family. I'll not forget you.

Go Devil 10-27-2008 19:51

People have the ability to live long beyond the time that they shed this mortal coil.

But, there is a price, and the only legal tender accepted is influence.

Colonel Moroney, your intelligent discourse, offered wisdom, experience, and insight were well recieved.

Your words here have influenced me.

You will live on in the hearts and minds of all you have influenced.

You have paid in full.

Though your physical presence will be greatly missed,

Live on Mr. Moroney !

nmap 10-27-2008 19:54

Rest in peace, Sir. I regret I never had the opportunity to meet you in person; thank you for your presence on this site, and the chance to glimpse some of your thoughts and wisdom.

Debo 10-27-2008 20:28

Rest in Peace, Sir. Thank you for your service.

Richard 10-27-2008 20:32

Just returned from Houston and the first post I open is this one. Damn! RIP, Sir! May you enjoy nothing further but blue skies, gentle breezes, and soft landings.

Richard