Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technology News and Reviews (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   The Fakebook Honey Trap (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54061)

Badger52 12-25-2018 11:21

The Fakebook Honey Trap

Couple interesting notes from the Czechs.
Using current social media in an old-fashioned way.
Quote:

The Czech Security Intelligence Service (BIS) issued a press release on Monday in which it says it cooperated with foreign partners in identifying, analysing and disabling servers in the Czech Republic and the wider world, which Hezbollah was using for cybernetic espionage.

A network of Hezbollah hackers used old tricks on social media to hack into mobile devices across the world. Posing as attractive girls on Facebook, they would contact users and start chatting. After steering the conversation to increasingly sensual topics, the profiles would then ask the user to install a ‘more private and secure application‘.
“The Czech Republic has traditionally been considered as an ally of Israel and the United States in this field and in the past we have seen many Czech activities against Hezbollah."
LINK

And one about the specific suspicions (well-founded, imo) of Chinese tech.
Quote:

Cyber security centre warns against use of Huawei devices in critical state infrastructure

The Czech Republic’s cyber security institution, NCISA, has released a warning that Huawei devices may be used to damage the country’s national interests. Following the warning’s release, many institutions including the Office of the Government and a number of ministries have reacted by banning Huawei phones. The new measures are likely to impact ongoing tenders as well.

On Monday, the National Cyber and Information Security Agency (NCISA) released a warning that the use of devices developed by the Chinese companies Huawei and ZTE represent a security threat.
LINK

JJ_BPK 12-25-2018 13:17

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger52 (Post 648559)
Couple interesting notes from the Czechs.
Using current social media in an old-fashioned way.

I almost fell for one of them,,
until she sent pictures of her and her three sisters..

:munchin

tonyz 12-25-2018 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ_BPK (Post 648560)

The Bag sisters there...recognize Douche and Duffle.

Oh, who could the other two be...

Badger52 12-25-2018 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ_BPK (Post 648560)

Ha! You funny Peter-san. You funny.
:D

Requiem 12-25-2018 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyz (Post 648561)
The Bag sisters there...recognize Douche and Duffle.

Oh, who could the other two be...

I believe the other two are Trash Bag and Toke (er... Tote) Bag.

S.

tonyz 12-26-2018 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 648570)
I believe the other two are Trash Bag and Toke (er... Tote) Bag.

S.

Yeah, yeah...could be...look close...the resemblance is uncanny...could also be the other two...Sh*t and Scum...no, you’re probably right...for one brief moment I thought I saw the KarTRASHians...but I digress.

No doubt JJ dodged one there !