Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Professional Gear (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   MTM Watches (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35714)

HOTCHKIS 11-01-2011 08:18

MTM Watches

Any opinions on MTM watches?

Surgicalcric 11-01-2011 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOTCHKIS (Post 422197)
Any opinions on MTM watches?

How about my assessment of your inability to follow simple instructions?

Re/read the email you received when you registered here and try it again.

DO NOT post again until you have it completed...

Crip

Pete 11-01-2011 08:26

They have fancy names and are expensive

They have fancy names and are expensive.

The question for you is "What functions do I need in a watch and what makers provide those functions?"

The next question is "Will I cry if I lose it?" ie the Team Leader who was changing his Rolex Submariner to the outside of his wetsuit, dropped it, the watch bounced off the side of the RB and into 1,000 feet of the Pacific Ocean.

PS follow the board rules.

Basenshukai 11-01-2011 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 422199)
They have fancy names and are expensive.

The question for you is "What functions do I need in a watch and what makers provide those functions?"

The next question is "Will I cry if I lose it?" ie the Team Leader who was changing his Rolex Submariner to the outside of his wetsuit, dropped it, the watch bounced off the side of the RB and into 1,000 feet of the Pacific Ocean.

PS follow the board rules.

Ouch. I hope it was insured.

MTM is a watch design and marketing company. They outsource almost every portion of their watches to China. Their PVD pretty much sucks and will come off with daily use. The accuracy of their quartz watches, in my experience, is very good (+/- 2 sec/month, in my case).

But, they market some silly gimmicks on their watches that no self-respecting SF guy would use (strobe light LED watch, for example). They also use the same movements that the Dakota watch company uses, and for far, far less (vibrating alarm watch and the afore-mentioned LED watch, are two examples).

If you get a basic analog quartz as a gift, you are getting a nice watch. But, at their actual price point, they are way too expensive. You are better of with a G-Shock.

BTW, I own two MTM watches (basic analog quartz and a world timer). I got them both used, in like-new condition, at rock bottom prices. I also do not wear them on their metal bracelets as their PVD sucks (see above). So, I wear them (WHEN I wear them) on a black nylon NATO strap.

HOTCHKIS 11-01-2011 16:19

Yes SIR Crip! Not into all that welcome CRAP! Thanks for the replys!

chance 11-01-2011 16:30

WOW!!!!!!!

I have a feeling that you were just cleared hot.

Surgicalcric 11-01-2011 19:04

Have it your way...

Ambush Master 11-01-2011 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOTCHKIS (Post 422344)
Yes SIR Crip! Not into all that welcome CRAP! Thanks for the replys!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surgicalcric (Post 422379)
Have it your way...

You joined 2 years ago and have had an attitude the whole time!! You just passed by MY Zero-Bullshit Level, so:

HAVE A VERY SF DAY!!! Also...................goodbye!!!

Martin

The Reaper 11-01-2011 19:19

Counting down.

I recommend you comply, but that is strictly your choice.

TR

Ambush Master 11-01-2011 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surgicalcric (Post 422379)
Have it your way...

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper (Post 422384)
Counting down.

I recommend you comply, but that is strictly your choice.

TR

Way too late Sir!! Shot already OUT!!

Later
Martin

grigori 11-03-2011 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basenshukai (Post 422202)
Ouch. I hope it was insured.

MTM is a watch design and marketing company. They outsource almost every portion of their watches to China. Their PVD pretty much sucks and will come off with daily use. The accuracy of their quartz watches, in my experience, is very good (+/- 2 sec/month, in my case).

But, they market some silly gimmicks on their watches that no self-respecting SF guy would use (strobe light LED watch, for example). They also use the same movements that the Dakota watch company uses, and for far, far less (vibrating alarm watch and the afore-mentioned LED watch, are two examples).

If you get a basic analog quartz as a gift, you are getting a nice watch. But, at their actual price point, they are way too expensive. You are better of with a G-Shock.

BTW, I own two MTM watches (basic analog quartz and a world timer). I got them both used, in like-new condition, at rock bottom prices. I also do not wear them on their metal bracelets as their PVD sucks (see above). So, I wear them (WHEN I wear them) on a black nylon NATO strap.

Sir what about the Luminox watches,how good are they??