Professional Soldiers

Professional Soldiers (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Special Forces Qualification Course (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Are we selecting the right people and training them correctly (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54344)

Uman 06-18-2019 12:48

Are we selecting the right people and training them correctly

Are we selecting the right people with the right mentality for our core mission of UW?

Does the SFQC prepare the future SF Team member to understand and conduct full spectrum UW?

If you look at Rhodesia their SAS and Selous Scouts looked for different traits because of different core missions.

JJ_BPK 06-18-2019 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uman (Post 652027)
Are we selecting the right people with the right mentality for our core mission of UW?

Does the SFQC prepare the future SF Team member to understand and conduct full spectrum UW?

If you look at Rhodesia their SAS and Selous Scouts looked for different traits because of different core missions.

SFQC at best is a test of physical & mental fortitude. One does not go to SFQC to learn.

If one gets selected and goes on to the Q, you will be taught the fundamentals of all the core traits of SF, plus your assigned MOS specialty.

When you complete the Q and receive the long tab, you will be assigned to a team and your training will continue.

Uman 06-18-2019 22:03

I get it the differences

I am fully aware of the differences. Where do SF Operators (see our history as this term goes back to 1952) learn more than just the basics of UW?

Where in our NCOES and OES is the higher learning on the core mission?

Subjects like

This is how a VEO takes over a village then spreads it to another village and then the state and then the country.

This is how agitation propaganda works

Remember It Is Far More Intellectual Than a Bayonet Charge...or Raid

Fonzy 06-19-2019 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uman (Post 652038)
I am fully aware of the differences. Where do SF Operators (see our history as this term goes back to 1952) learn more than just the basics of UW?

Where in our NCOES and OES is the higher learning on the core mission?

Subjects like

This is how a VEO takes over a village then spreads it to another village and then the state and then the country.

This is how agitation propaganda works

Remember It Is Far More Intellectual Than a Bayonet Charge...or Raid

opsec?

Box 06-19-2019 09:30

Ok - I'm going to take the bait.......

Quote:

Who are "we" and "our" ??

I really need to understand who you are referring to as "we" and "our"so I can properly formulate the correct ratio of "Real Answer to Snarky Cynicism" for my future posts in this thread.
The entire "Assessment and Selection" process has had more tweaks than an 80 year old mans lower back but the overall process has remained pretty constant for right at 67 years.

What do "we" think about that?