Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Arena (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Serena melt down! (The face of Nike) (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53849)

Old Dog New Trick 09-08-2018 16:17

Serena melt down! (The face of Nike)

Serena Williams comes to blows with umpire in U.S. Open women's final - Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ens-final.html

Sportsmanship award of the day!

JJ_BPK 09-08-2018 17:08

Quote:

Her coach, Patrick Mouratoglou, had been accused of giving hand signals illegally in the first set.

Mouratoglou said after the game: 'Not once in my life have I ever been called a coaching violation'.

On ESPN Mouratoglou later admitted he was coaching, but insisted that his player had not seen him and also maintained that Osaka had also received coaching from the box, which is against the rules.
Jesse Jackson and AL Sharpton will help, I'm sure.. :mad:

Box 09-09-2018 19:17

I'm just confused - did she really pull her 'gender card' during a womens event?

She was playing a female bracket against a female opponent and the judge treated her poorly because she is a woman?

I just cannot wrap my head around that one.
...but its tennis - tennis is just ping pong played with both competitors standing on the table

It's just another flavor of sportsball - blah blah blah - help me I'm being oppressed in my multimillion dollar job

CSB 09-09-2018 21:29

When it said "comes to blows" I was looking for a punch, a kick, at least "passin a few licks" as my clients say in Tennessee. That wasn't nothing but a bit of roostering and some trash talking.

JimP 09-10-2018 05:54

actually, I read several articles and was wondering why she hadn't pulled the race card. When I saw her opponent on the news it clicked: she COULDN'T go there....

so....she whines about not cheating (her coach admitted they were); and, cries about having sand in her Hoo.

Worthless, petty, narcissistic, entitled beee-yotch. She should run for Obama's past position.

JJ_BPK 09-10-2018 06:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimP (Post 645810)
actually, I read several articles and was wondering why she hadn't pulled the race card. When I saw her opponent on the news it clicked: she COULDN'T go there....

so....she whines about not cheating (her coach admitted they were); and, cries about having sand in her Hoo.

Worthless, petty, narcissistic, entitled beee-yotch. She should run for Obama's past position.

To be clear...

Williams has successfully won every major tennis award for ever., including 24 majors.

She has more wins than any female player and probably will never lose that record.

She has a net worth of over 200 million dollars.

Her husband is a millionaire in his own right.

Her coach admitted to passing signs from off court and paid a substantial fine.

AND this is the way she acts when caught cheating..

She probably will run for office,, and collect another 100 million or so. :mad:

Badger52 09-10-2018 06:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ_BPK (Post 645811)
To be clear...

Williams has successfully won every major tennis award for ever., including 24 majors.

She has more wins than any female player and probably will never lose that record.

She has a net worth of over 200 million dollars.

Her husband is a millionaire in his own right.

Her coach admitted to passing signs from off court and paid a substantial fine.

AND this is the way she acts when caught cheating..

She probably will run for office,, and collect another 100 million or so. :mad:

Does she have her Nike contract yet...? :munchin

rsdengler 09-10-2018 07:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger52 (Post 645812)
Does she have her Nike contract yet...? :munchin

"Just Do It Serena.....Even if it means Whining about being caught as a Cheat....":munchin

Quote:

Originally Posted by Box (Post 645801)
I'm just confused - did she really pull her 'gender card' during a womens event?

Wait....I'm confused...."gender card"...Are you saying that Serena is really a she? Really, never could tell.....just saying.... LOL:D

cat in the hat 09-11-2018 11:04

I liked Martina Navratilova's comment.

We cannot measure ourselves by what we think we should also be able to get away with," Navratilova wrote. "In fact, this is the sort of behavior that no one should be engaging in on the court."

I am tired of the excuse everyone else gets away with it, I should too. I'm ok with breaking the rules and even laws when they are stupid/useless, but when you get caught and others don't, quit crying about it.

JJ_BPK 09-11-2018 11:25

Navratilova is not the only one telling the brat to sit down

Chir Evert said she not only saw the coach signalling, but Chris knew what he was saying??

Quote:

During the broadcast, ESPN analyst Chris Evert said she believed Williams' coach, Patrick Mouratoglou, was instructing her to get to the net with more frequency (h/t SportsNet New York's Adam Zagoria). ThinkProgress' Lindsay Gibbs also thought the violation was warranted
:mad:

rubberneck 09-11-2018 15:06

Apparently nobody ever bothered to tell her that big boy (in her case big girl) rules apply when cheating. She got caught and was warned. Instead of taking her warning like an adult she smashed her racquet on he court in a temper tantrum. That cost her the point not the cheating and then to call the official a thief for enforcing the rules cost her the game. She could have chose to act like an adult and there would have been no issues other than the warning. All these people crying about how unfairly she was treated make me sick. Don’t cheat, and if you do don’t act like an asshole when you get caught.

Badger52 09-11-2018 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubberneck (Post 645856)
Apparently nobody ever bothered to tell her that big boy (in her case big girl) rules apply when cheating. She got caught and was warned. Instead of taking her warning like an adult she smashed her racquet on he court in a temper tantrum. That cost her the point not the cheating and then to call the official a thief for enforcing the rules cost her the game. She could have chose to act like an adult and there would have been no issues other than the warning. All these people crying about how unfairly she was treated make me sick. Don’t cheat, and if you do don’t act like an asshole when you get caught.

No different than glaring at an umpire, or even mumbling while you walk away about a shitty strike call. Slam your bat & throw your helmet on the ground there at the plate...? That'll get you the old heave-ho, everytime.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

cat in the hat 09-12-2018 10:34

I've always disliked the general attitude of "others get away with it, I should get away with it too"

Pretty sure that attitude and the juvenile mouth to go with it has helped countless 17 year old turn a warning into a ticket during a traffic stop.
I guess some of us learn early and some think they are entitled cause they are good at a game

ddoering 09-14-2018 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubberneck (Post 645856)

Bitches be crazy.

Sdiver 09-14-2018 20:52

I miss the old days of John McEnroe's melt downs.
They were truly "colorful" ...