Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Edged Weapons (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   My Yarborough (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39840)

CW3SF 10-24-2012 20:20

My Yarborough

1 Attachment(s)
SF 0452 finally arrived. Only took 3 months. :D

All I can say is WOW! Excellent weight and balance and a very nice edge. I am impressed.

The Reaper 10-24-2012 20:56

Congrats!

Wonder where it has been for the past 3-1/2 months? :D:munchin

TR

Ambush Master 10-24-2012 22:16

Do believe the "Caution" Card!! Their Blades ARE SHARP!!!

Later
Martin

SFOC0173 10-25-2012 04:30

Congratulations

Congratulations, they are a great knife.

CW3SF 10-25-2012 06:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper (Post 471624)
Congrats!

Wonder where it has been for the past 3-1/2 months? :D:munchin

TR

Probably sitting on someones desk, to teach me the virtues of patience. :o

Go Devil 10-25-2012 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by CW3SF (Post 471647)
Probably sitting on someones desk, to teach me the virtues of patience. :o

While travelling down the "backside of 30" (John Conlee reference) into the 40's, I find patience to be over rated.

Great Knife!

mark46th 10-25-2012 16:30

Nice. Well worth the wait...

Chief_of _Smoke 10-30-2012 22:51

Wow

I Likey..........:eek:

Unapologetic Soldier 10-31-2012 05:03

Looks bad a$$! I have a ways to go, but one I'll have my own Yarborough knife.

MtnGoat 10-31-2012 11:55

Nice looking. Well worth the wait Chief!!

x SF med 10-31-2012 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambush Master (Post 471629)
Do believe the "Caution" Card!! Their Blades ARE SHARP!!!

Later
Martin

The wife asked to look at mine when the package came in from the museum... she cut herself taking it out of the sheath...:rolleyes::cool::p

For some reason, she's been very careful around my knife collection since then...

Bill Harsey 04-25-2013 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by CW3SF (Post 471617)
SF 0452 finally arrived. Only took 3 months. :D

All I can say is WOW! Excellent weight and balance and a very nice edge. I am impressed.

From Chris Reeve Knives and myself, Thanks and hope this knife serves you well. Please advise if you need any of our help.

About the wait time. it depends on the order cycle.
No Yarborough knives are produced until a written order, including serial no.s to be engraved, arrives from Ft. Bragg.
The CRK shop runs at full capacity all the time.
Upon orders received another batch is scheduled into the process.
This begins with ordering steel out of Syracuse New York and getting it shipped out so the process can begin.
Sometimes we have to wait for another steel melt and rolling to get the thickness in this particular alloy of CPM steel we need for this project.
These knives are not produced one at a time so a given number have to be made each cycle or we can't afford to do them.
I'm pretty sure this could have been some of the wait time. ;)

MR2 04-25-2013 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Harsey (Post 503689)
From Chris Reeve Knives and myself, Thanks and hope this knife serves you well. Please advise if you need any of our help.

No Yarborough knives are produced until a written order, including serial no.s to be engraved, arrives from Ft. Bragg.
This begins with ordering steel out of Syracuse New York and getting it shipped out so the process can begin.
Sometimes we have to wait for another steel melt and rolling to get the thickness in this particular alloy of CPM steel we need for this project.
These knives are not produced one at a time so a given number have to be made each cycle or we can't afford to do them.

Thanks for filling in some of the back story. And thanks for making such great knives.

CW3SF 04-25-2013 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Harsey (Post 503689)

Thanks for the info Bill.

It is an awesome blade and well worth the wait!!!

Nucleusbrains 06-09-2013 13:20

Chris reeve knives

Have any of you seen the video on youtube of the knife test on the two Chris reeve knives that bust in half during his test? Go to youtube, type in knife tests Chris Reeve and watch the two videos he does on the knives.