Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   PT/ H2H (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   MilFit Mag (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12734)

NousDefionsDoc 12-12-2006 19:46

MilFit Mag

Any of you guys a member of Military Fitness Magazine?

krader 12-12-2006 20:07

I am not a member. I do have Morrison's Kettlebell video though, which is well made. His buddy has this site which is good with the sandbag lifting. fuerza-sport.com/[/url]

I have not seen any more of milfitmag then the sample issue, but have never seen any reviews about it.

krader

booker 12-14-2006 15:14

I have a membership to MilFit magazine.

booker 02-05-2007 11:18

and now some more info

Sorry it took me so long to post more, I was waiting to see if he (Nate Morrison, Air Force PJ) was going to post any new issues. Right now it is about 3 months behind schedule publishing-wise. Below is a sampling of what he publishes in each issue:

I. Military Strength & Endurance Training
Past topics have included: Fireman's Carry Relay, Duffle Bag Circuits, Bodyweight Cal. workouts

II. Military and LE Nutrition
Past topics: Supplements, Developments in military food systems, Meal plans

III. Law Enforcement Strenght and Endurance Training
Past topics: Walking press, Firearms doctrine, Circuit workouts for law enforcement, SWAT PT, Grappling

IV. Strength Medicine
Past topics: Shin splints, Core issues, Rehabilitation of common injuries (operator oriented), points to remember for medics, sleep deprivation

V. Martial Studies
Past topics: Mindset, Insurgents, Guerilla warfare

VI. Military Kit Reviews
Past topics: Metolius Rock Rings, Smartwool socks, Boots

Subscribing allows access to all the past issues (back to 2004). He does a fair bit with kettlebells as well.

REMFlt 02-05-2007 20:19

I've been a member for over a year now. Every once inawhile I'll give some of his workouts a try, its a nice change every once in awhile, and the daily and hourly repetition methods work pretty well. It's true that the published issues are behind schedule, but in his defense, he is still on active duty, and they have started publishing free workout articles, it seems as though they publish those on a monthly basis, so there is always some new content.

Team Sergeant 02-06-2007 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
Any of you guys a member of Military Fitness Magazine?

http://www.milfitmag.com/archive.php

Seems Nate also likes to Plagiarize the "True Believer" quote........

Kyobanim 02-06-2007 15:06

I sent Nate an email advising him of the Author Unknown at the bottom of the quote. Has anyone else?

booker 02-06-2007 15:28

That sort of ruins his credibility, now doesn't it?

Team Sergeant 02-06-2007 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyobanim
I sent Nate an email advising him of the Author Unknown at the bottom of the quote. Has anyone else?

IIRC I sent Nate an email a few months ago explaining the issue.

I guess he decided our claims were unfounded.

The next time I knock at the door at those that use our quote and do not attribute it, it will be with heavy hands.;)

TS

spartanfed182 06-04-2007 22:28

When I get paid, I am definitely going to join. Wish I had known about this sooner.

Gavin 04-10-2009 21:10

New SOF Fitness Book

"Military Fitness: A Manual of Special Physical Training" by Nathanael J. Morrison

:lifterThe book is simply amazing and EXTREMELY detailed. It teaches the ins and outs of training from a guy that has 15 years experience as an operator (and just about as much time as a trainer) who has worked quite a bit with SF.

I'm sure you all have seen a lot of fads and people that claim to know about the topic, but this book is hands down, the best I've ever seen.

Its well worth its weight in gold. :eek:

to pick up a copy, go to www.AlpineTactical.com

same place to get a 10% SOF discount on the best kettlebells as well.

*note: no, I do not work for this company in any way.