Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   19th Group (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   National Guard ODB (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37695)

FooterDan 04-30-2012 07:39

National Guard ODB

I am currently working with my recruiter for a Rep 63 contract for the Ohio National Guard. I was recently reassigned recruiters because my former one who I was told was for SF quit recruiting. She never returned my emails for this question so I coming to you guys. Is the 19th group in Ohio an ODB and not ODA? Everything I've read about that unit says Company B, 2nd Battalion. Any help here would be appreciated as I've been searching this for months and apparently nobody in the guard has the answer that I've spoken to. And also since I'm basically already assigned to a group before hand if I make it through everything will my language be decided for me, or can I still try and learn what I want.

Richard 04-30-2012 08:55

At the top of this forum is a thread with POCs for the 19th SFGA units. I suggest that if you're really interested, then call the number of the unit you're interested in and ask them yourself.

And so it goes...

Richard :munchin

The Reaper 04-30-2012 17:54

I am beginning to believe that self-help is an uncommon virtue today.

Garcia does not get the message any longer.

TR

FooterDan 04-30-2012 21:40

I contacted them today and the mailbox is full. Also spoke with my recruiter and he does not know either. Im not sure where else to go for this other than to keep trying them or maybe go to their office since I have access to the base the are at.

abc_123 05-01-2012 04:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by FooterDan (Post 446760)
I contacted them today and the mailbox is full. Also spoke with my recruiter and he does not know either. Im not sure where else to go for this other than to keep trying them or maybe go to their office since I have access to the base the are at.

What is the organizational structure of an SF company?

What is the function of an ODB? Would it make sense for that element to exist completely by itself? Has anything you've read said Company B (minus)?

Now as far as language goes...picture the language that you want the least and imagine someone tells you that that's what is needed and that's what you need to learn. Does that matter and make you want to quit what you are doing? If so, save yourself and everyone else the time and effort and stop what you are doing now.

ZonieDiver 05-01-2012 12:01

Quote:

because my former one who I was told was for SF quit recruiting. She never returned my emails for this question
I'd sure love to hear HER side of this story!

I see a harried recruiter sitting at her computer thinking, "Oh, shit! Another email from "that guy"!

In SF, and especially SF training, you want to avoid being "that guy"!

greenberetTFS 05-01-2012 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper (Post 446726)
I am beginning to believe that self-help is an uncommon virtue today.

Garcia does not get the message any longer.

TR

TR

Maybe it should be a requirement that they would have to read "A Message to Garcia" before they can post..........;) :D

Big Teddy :munchin

ZonieDiver 05-01-2012 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenberetTFS (Post 446894)
TR

Maybe it should be a requirement that they would have to read "A Message to Garcia" before they can post..........;) :D

Richard can construct an examination... and Dozer can grade them! :D

FooterDan 05-02-2012 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by abc_123 (Post 446783)
What is the organizational structure of an SF company?

What is the function of an ODB? Would it make sense for that element to exist completely by itself? Has anything you've read said Company B (minus)?

Now as far as language goes...picture the language that you want the least and imagine someone tells you that that's what is needed and that's what you need to learn. Does that matter and make you want to quit what you are doing? If so, save yourself and everyone else the time and effort and stop what you are doing now.

Everything says the unit is company b. My only real question was basically does company b mean odb. I haven't found that answer anywhere. And with language I will learn whatever I am told, but if I can choose one I'd like to start studying it now to be more prepared.

FooterDan 05-02-2012 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZonieDiver (Post 446844)
I'd sure love to hear HER side of this story!

I see a harried recruiter sitting at her computer thinking, "Oh, shit! Another email from "that guy"!

In SF, and especially SF training, you want to avoid being "that guy"!

I never actually spoke to her once. I called to touch base with her after I was assigned to her by path to honor and also sent an email with this question asking that. Never heard back till I was informed she was done recruiting from path to honor.

Richard 05-02-2012 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by FooterDan (Post 447068)
Everything says the unit is company b. My only real question was basically does company b mean odb. I haven't found that answer anywhere.

I'm sure if you look around a bit more in these forums you'll find threads which tell you that:

ODA = A Team (1-6)
ODB = B Team = SF Company (A, B, C)
ODC = C Team = SF Battalion (1-4)

And so it goes...

Richard
:munchin

ZonieDiver 05-02-2012 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by FooterDan (Post 447069)
I never actually spoke to her once. I called to touch base with her after I was assigned to her by path to honor and also sent an email with this question asking that. Never heard back till I was informed she was done recruiting from path to honor.

I see. Then you should have been more clear in your original post:

Quote:

She never returned my emails for this question...
(emphasis mine)

We value clarity here. No response to this is necessary. You should, in the posts made thus far, have all the information you "needed". I suggest reading and PT at this point.

abc_123 05-02-2012 16:56

Hey wait a minute Richard! I appreciate being quoted, but your post was a case of mistaken identity. I have a pretty good handle on what an ODB is and the general orgainzational structure of a SFG.

I'm going to have to insist that you give proper credit to FooterDan.

Richard 05-02-2012 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by abc_123 (Post 447083)
Hey wait a minute Richard! I appreciate being quoted, but your post was a case of mistaken identity. I have a pretty good handle on what an ODB is and the general orgainzational structure of a SFG.

I'm going to have to insist that you give proper credit to FooterDan.

Oopppsss - sorry - that's exactly who it was aimed at and a lesson in trying to do something quickly while in the midst of trying to do something else and not checking after it was done. It was the result of a an incomplete quote string in post #9. I've fixed them both now.

Richard :munchin

greenberetTFS 05-03-2012 03:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZonieDiver (Post 446900)
Richard can construct an examination... and Dozer can grade them! :D

;) :D