Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Arena (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   2018 Baseball Season (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53475)

Sdiver 03-29-2018 10:37

2018 Baseball Season

1 Attachment(s)
It's opening day, so .... PLAY BALL !!!!!

LET'S GO CUBBIES !!!!!! :lifter

Badger52 03-29-2018 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sdiver (Post 641822)
It's opening day, so .... PLAY BALL !!!!!

LET'S GO CUBBIES !!!!!! :lifter

They heard you. :D

Sdiver 03-29-2018 14:49

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger52 (Post 641832)
They heard you. :D

Ah, yup .... :lifter

bblhead672 03-29-2018 15:20

Cardinals underwhelm the Mets.

Badger52 03-29-2018 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblhead672 (Post 641834)
Cardinals underwhelm the Mets.

Sorry to hear that. Anyone who can pile up the Mets this year will get a nod from me. Because, well, Mets.

Ret10Echo 03-29-2018 17:19

Opening Day

1 down 161 to go..... :lifter

bblhead672 03-30-2018 06:44

Try as I have over the last few years, I cannot make sense of MLB having opening day and the very next day teams have a day off. What? You just played 1 game, why do you require time off?
This ridiculous scheduling results in the Mets/Cards playing Thursday, NO Friday night home game for Mets fans, then resuming on Saturday and Sunday.

Badger52 03-30-2018 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblhead672 (Post 641873)
Try as I have over the last few years, I cannot make sense of MLB having opening day and the very next day teams have a day off. What? You just played 1 game, why do you require time off?
This ridiculous scheduling results in the Mets/Cards playing Thursday, NO Friday night home game for Mets fans, then resuming on Saturday and Sunday.

Yeah, Maddon was saying somethin' yesterday (after a couple fielding errors) about how they'd hoped to get a "fundamentals" day (!) in before starting the regular season. Uh, did I miss something or was it called Spring TRAINING for a reason? Jeebers, make it whatever you need to make it.

When you figure it out mebbe you kin 'splain it to me Lucy.
:rolleyes:

bblhead672 03-30-2018 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger52 (Post 641895)
Yeah, Maddon was saying somethin' yesterday (after a couple fielding errors) about how they'd hoped to get a "fundamentals" day (!) in before starting the regular season. Uh, did I miss something or was it called Spring TRAINING for a reason? Jeebers, make it whatever you need to make it.

When you figure it out mebbe you kin 'splain it to me Lucy.

What?!? Are you suggesting that they should be *gasp* training during "spring training"? :D

Badger52 04-26-2018 14:47

NL Central still looks like the typical hairball among the top-3. The Brewers fans up this way are beside themselves; standing vis a vis the Cubs looks like reverse of previous years. But to their credit they're playing good ball. At least I get to watch Cubs play occasionally when they play MKE 'cause those games haven't been sold off to MLBN & hit the tube locally.

No idea what's up with Cincinnati.

The rule about 6 mound visits/game seems to have sped things up a bit. Now if the hitters could quit taking a stroll & readjusting their entire wardrobe after every pitch...

And the snow seems to be gone for real this time.

Ret10Echo 04-26-2018 15:25

AL East is "same as it ever was". Boston and NYY atop, nobody cares in the middle and Baltimore, wandering in the dark cellar, found a shovel and started digging.

2018commo 04-26-2018 18:03

I think Baltimore needs to trade Manny for a couple of bats, or perhaps a coach. Buck is about to run out of string.

Ret10Echo 04-26-2018 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2018commo (Post 642809)
I think Baltimore needs to trade Manny for a couple of bats, or perhaps a coach. Buck is about to run out of string.

Talk is that Buck will move to the front office after this season. His, along with Manny's contracts are up after this year.

Worst situation for them is to be "close" to MAYBE a second wildcard spot and they keep Manny and he just walks at the end of the year and they get nothing out of it.

Baltimore keeps pulling in pitching off of the scrap heap and single-dimensional offensive players (big bats, high strikeout rate). They could rework things around the 20-somethings (Mancini, Schoop and Bundy) but after that 14 year drought nobody has the stomach to go through a real rebuild. The Farm isn't growing much for them but I don't think they're going to have a choice.

Airbornelawyer 05-04-2018 02:37

I suppose the biggest surprises so far this season are the underperformance of the Dodgers and the Nationals, and the overperformance of the Braves. The Diamondbacks also seem to be way ahead of expectations.

I doubt much will change in Baltimore until Peter Angelos is out of the picture.

Ret10Echo 05-04-2018 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Airbornelawyer (Post 642985)
I suppose the biggest surprises so far this season are the underperformance of the Dodgers and the Nationals, and the overperformance of the Braves. The Diamondbacks also seem to be way ahead of expectations.

I doubt much will change in Baltimore until Peter Angelos is out of the picture.

To tie a couple of thoughts together on this... Sports talk radio around here is saying the O's need to "make a deal" with the Dodgers for Manny as they struggle.

Yeah.. Angelos likes his Beer-league softball offense.