Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Weapons Discussion Area (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   My new home protection device (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48081)

Guymullins 02-12-2015 11:36

My new home protection device

1 Attachment(s)
Our government monopoly electric power company has failed. We are having black-outs (no pun intended) every day for about 4 hours. The government has neglected to do any maintenance on the power stations or the grid for 20 years.
They have fired all the white folk who used to run this company, so no-one knows how to do it anyway.
The country is expecting the whole grid to go down at any moment and it would take at least a month to get it up and going again.
This will mean widespread looting and home invasions. Naturally, many of us have plenty of conventional small arms, but firepower is a little lacking.
I therefore found a rare, but effective device. It was originally invented in Rhodesia and migrated south after majority rule up there and was manufactured in SA and I believe some found their way to the US.
It takes 12 , twelve gauge shotgun rounds and I now have it loaded with 000 Zombie rounds by Hornady.

The Reaper 02-12-2015 11:52

Called a Street Sweeper here, IIRC.

Shrill hoplophobes got it banned after being sold for more than a year, the ATF retroactively declared them Destructive Devices and required registration.

TR

Team Sergeant 02-12-2015 12:38

Expecting a lot of company? ;)

Guymullins 02-12-2015 12:56

Exterior defenses are electric fencing that tops all perimeter walls. Think Abbottabad when you think walls. Sleeping quarters upstairs are isolated by wrought iron gate at the bottom of the stairway. All windows, on ground floor as well as top story are barred with square solid steel bar. All this is only expected to give a little time and generate noise so as to allow the residents to arm themselves and prepare to resist. Wife has a 38sp revolver, sons have pump shotgun, K7K pistol, 38 sp revolver and the young chap, a .410 shotgun. I have the new Protecta, a .45 auto that lives at my side and a collection of rifles and other shotguns and pistols.
We will give a good account of ourselves when company arrives.
The expected company are usually armed with AK47 or R4s and police and army 9mm pistols. Luckily, their marksmanship is truly abysmal, unless the range is a few feet.
Weapon maintenance is also lousy and even buckled magazines will stop an AK from working properly.

Team Sergeant 02-12-2015 13:01

Holy Shite!

You and your family need to come to America......

Texas or Arizona......

(There's a house right down the street from me for sale, we could have interlocking fields of fire.)

Guymullins 02-12-2015 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Sergeant (Post 575047)
Holy Shite!

You and your family need to come to America......

Texas or Arizona......

(There's a house right down the street from me for sale, we could have interlocking fields of fire.)

Is my Green Card in the mail? Maybe I shouldn't wait, illegal immigrant seems the safest route nowadays.

Box 02-12-2015 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guymullins (Post 575050)
Is my Green Card in the mail? Maybe I shouldn't wait, illegal immigrant seems the safest route nowadays.

Bazinga !

Scimitar 02-12-2015 14:22

Guy,

You're boys sound like they have trade skills.
NZ visas are wide open with the Earthquake rebuild....?

With it getting that bad in SA...you've said before the reasons for not leaving, but I'm guessing you have a trigger point, and you've got to be getting close to it.

S

Guymullins 02-12-2015 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scimitar (Post 575052)
Guy,

You're boys sound like they have trade skills.
NZ visas are wide open with the Earthquake rebuild....?

With it getting that bad in SA...you've said before the reasons for not leaving, but I'm guessing you have a trigger point, and you've got to be getting close to it.

S

The boys don't have trade skills Scim. The eldest is the owner of a pharmaceutical company, a clothing company and a gym, so he is pretty much tied down here.
The middle boy owned a study centre master franchise, so he is also stuck.
Naturally, if they can sell their companies, they will be mobile.
The youngest is studying Actuarial Science at uni, so he is out of action for 4 years.

One of the unintended consequences of reserving all jobs in large companies and the government for blacks, is that it has forced whites to create their own companies. This of course infuriated the government, because they are out of reach and making plenty of money for themselves.

mark46th 02-12-2015 18:10

Only problem with NZ is no pistolas. Rifles OK but no handguns. Great hunting and fishing, BTW...

PSM 02-12-2015 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guymullins (Post 575053)
The boys don't have trade skills Scim.

I think that Scimitar was talking about "warrior" trade skills. ;)

Pat

TOMAHAWK9521 02-12-2015 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark46th (Post 575069)
Only problem with NZ is no pistolas. Rifles OK but no handguns. Great hunting and fishing, BTW...

I can attest to the trout and salmon fishing in NZ. Never saw trout so big! :lifter

mark46th 02-12-2015 21:36

Ocean fishing is outstanding, also. Yellowtail up to 100 pounds...

I was thinking about my no handgun remark. I doubt if you would need one in New Zealand, the country doesn't have the issues prevalent in SA...