Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Soapbox (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Protecting the Second Amendment – Why all Americans Should Be Concerned (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40772)

Team Sergeant 03-07-2014 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broadsword2004 (Post 542294)
Ahhh, well in any resistance, you will probably have a fraction of the population that is doing the actual war fighting, at least due to logistical issues. But that doesn't mean it's only 3% that would support the resistance. 3% of the American population would be about nine million people, that would be a pretty sizeable force. And it could be larger in terms of people who carry out things like sabotage and so forth but don't engage in direct fighting.

You do realize that only 1% of Americans actually protect our nation.

I would never expect anything more from the 99%, why do you think we call them sheeple?

badshot 03-07-2014 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Sergeant (Post 544384)
You do realize that only 1% of Americans actually protect our nation.

and approximately 0.04% with the highest ratio of effect (pun intended).

Dusty: LOL!

The Reaper 03-07-2014 18:03

A couple of interesting articles on the topic.

"Dear Mr. Security Agent,

Federal, state, or local. You, the man or woman with the badge, the sworn LEO or FLEA and those who inhabit the many law enforcement niches in between and on all sides. This essay is directed to you, because in the end, how this turmoil about gun control turns out will depend largely upon your decisions and actions over the coming months and years.

I sincerely wish that members of Congress—who may soon be voting on new gun control measures—would read this essay, but I realize that’s a pipe dream, considering the impenetrable bubbles around those exalted entities. So I’ll settle for you, Mr. (or Ms.) Security Agent, since you already gobble up everything on the internet, and I don’t have to seek you out.

A decade ago I wrote the novel Enemies Foreign and Domestic, a tale about how tragic events involving the misuse of firearms can be used by an evil administration to misinform and mold public opinion to support its malign anti-freedom policies...."(cont. at link)

http://westernrifleshooters.wordpres...ecurity-agent/

"An Open Letter to the Men and Women of the Connecticut State Police: You are NOT the enemy (UNLESS YOU CHOOSE TO BE.)

The following letter was sent via email to members of the Connecticut State Police, Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection. There are 1,212 email addresses on the list. There were 62 bounce-backs.

15 February 2014

To the men and women of the Connecticut State Police and the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection:

My name is Mike Vanderboegh. Few of you will know who I am, or even will have heard of the Three Percent movement that I founded, though we have been denounced on the national stage by that paragon of moral virtue, Bill Clinton. Three Percenters are uncompromising firearm owners who have stated very plainly for years that we will obey no further encroachments on our Second Amendment rights. Some of you, if you read this carelessly, may feel that it is a threat. It is not. Three Percenters also believe that to take the first shot in a conflict over principle is to surrender the moral high ground to the enemy. We condemn so-called collateral damage and terrorism such as that represented by the Oklahoma City Bombing and the Waco massacre. We are very aware that if you seek to defeat evil it is vital not to become the evil you claim to oppose. Thus, though this letter is certainly intended to deal with an uncomfortable subject, it is not a threat to anyone. However, it is important for everyone to understand that while we promise not to take the first shot over principle, we make no such promise if attacked, whether by common criminals or by the designated representatives of a criminal government grown arrogant and tyrannical and acting out an unconstitutional agenda under color of law. If we have any model, it is that of the Founding generation. The threat to public order and safety, unfortunately, comes from the current leaders of your state government who unthinkingly determined to victimize hitherto law-abiding citizens with a tyrannical law. They are the ones who first promised violence on the part of the state if your citizens did not comply with their unconstitutional diktat. Now, having made the threat (and placed the bet that you folks of the Connecticut State Police will meekly and obediently carry it out) they can hardly complain that others take them seriously and try by every means, including this letter, to avoid conflict...."(cont. at link)

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogsp...-women-of.html

Very interesting reads.

TR

akv 03-07-2014 19:07

Paper Wins Gun-Permit Information Suit Against Putnam; Suit Filed Against Rockland

Quote:

Paper Wins Gun-Permit Information Suit Against Putnam; Suit Filed
Against Rockland

The acting Rockland County Attorney will review the decision.
Posted by Lanning Taliaferro (Editor) ,

March 07, 2014 at 02:43 PM

A New York state judge has ruled that Putnam County must give public information on names and addresses of pistol-permit holders
to The Journal News.

Now Rockland officials must decide how they'll respond to a similar lawsuit that the Gannett newspaper filed against the county last
week. The Journal News filed new Freedom of Information requests after a statewide moratorium expired in May 2013.

"Both Putnam and Rockland counties denied the second information request, prompting the newspaper's lawsuit against Putnam in
October and, last week, a similar filing against Rockland," The Journal News said in a March 6 article.

After the state court's ruling, Rockland County Executive Ed Day said in a statement, "in light of the court's ruling, the acting county
attorney will review the situation and advise the county clerk accordingly."

Meanwhile, Putnam County is seeking a stay pending appeal.

"Warning, our worst nightmare has come true...Putnam County is being denied the right to protect our citizens against an
unwarranted invasion of their personal privacy," County Clerk Dennis Sant and Deputy County Clerk Michael C. Bartolotti said in a
March 7 press release. "We are fighting the good fight on this and will do everything in our power to oppose this crusade by The
Journal News to get their hands on your personal information."

In a news article when it filed the suit, lohud.com said the paper did not plan to release the names of individuals holding permits as it had done when it published information about gun-permit holders in Westchester and Rockland counties.

The state's penal law has deemed the information public for years. The paper's original act at the end of 2012 had caused a storm of controversy that overtook horror about the Newtown, CT school shooting, which had happened a few weeks previously.

The issue so infuriated Sant that he made a special trip to Westchester County to endorse County Clerk Tim Idoni's opponent Mary Beth Murphy in the 2013 election—and staged a press conference with a poster of The Journal News' gun map.

Sant's stand made him a national hero in some eyes—and got him a new parking space. He announced in January that he would not
seek re-election. He and Bartolotti urged everyone to mount a massive campaign to get the state's penal law changed.They also urge all Putnam gun-permit holders to sign and submit an Opt Out form, created after New York passed the Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act in response to the controversy. It provides specific exemptions allowing some gun-permit holders' identities to be withheld from the media.

http://http://pearlriver.patch.com/groups/politics-and-elections/p/speak-out-putnam-county-clerks-call-to-action-pearlriver

Max_Tab 03-07-2014 19:25

Perfect example of the media intentionally making a tense dangerous situation worse. Its insane

badshot 03-07-2014 19:41

scratching head, "and why do I keep renewing my permit in a state that doesn't require one?"

Those kind of acts garner trust and loyalty

Sdiver 03-07-2014 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max_Tab (Post 544407)
Perfect example of the media intentionally making a tense dangerous situation worse. Its insane

It'll sell more papers (Advertising).
Of course they're going to stir the pot.

:munchin

PSM 03-07-2014 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by badshot (Post 544408)
scratching head, "and why do I keep renewing my permit in a state that doesn't require one?"

Those kind of acts garner trust and loyalty

Because, without one, you can't carry in other states.

Pat

tonyz 03-07-2014 20:33

Timing is everything and budget deficits mean something...

An interesting 2010 article describing one possible path for legislative pushback that might now get some legs in response to the registration, publication and eventual confiscation dynamic currently taking place in NY and CT.

"Enormous police effort that could be going directly toward reducing crime is instead being diverted into registering, regulating and tracking the innocent."

Constitutional Carry

The right to discreetly bear arms should not require government-issued permission slips.

It's time for "Freedom To Carry" to replace "Right To Carry"

http://www.gunlaws.com/ConstitutionalCarry.htm

badshot 03-07-2014 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSM (Post 544410)
Because, without one, you can't carry in other states.
Pat

You're right...

Looking forward to the day that the courts use a dictionary on the word "Bear" (the verb). Would sure hate to have to carry a bear around :D

GratefulCitizen 03-08-2014 00:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by badshot (Post 544419)
You're right...

Looking forward to the day that the courts use a dictionary on the word "Bear" (the verb). Would sure hate to have to carry a bear around :D

http://youtu.be/gHJWofb5M_k
:D

badshot 03-08-2014 01:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by GratefulCitizen (Post 544426)

I'll have to use that one in future...who could possibly misconstrue such a simple word?

Here comes my new year's word, Mor..., nope it speaks for itself.

MtnGoat 03-08-2014 07:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper (Post 544405)
A couple of interesting articles on the topic.

"Dear Mr. Security Agent,

Federal, state, or local. You, the man or woman with the badge, the sworn LEO or FLEA and those who inhabit the many law enforcement niches in between and on all sides. This essay is directed to you, because in the end, how this turmoil about gun control turns out will depend largely upon your decisions and actions over the coming months and years.

I sincerely wish that members of Congress—who may soon be voting on new gun control measures—would read this essay, but I realize that’s a pipe dream, considering the impenetrable bubbles around those exalted entities. So I’ll settle for you, Mr. (or Ms.) Security Agent, since you already gobble up everything on the internet, and I don’t have to seek you out.

A decade ago I wrote the novel Enemies Foreign and Domestic, a tale about how tragic events involving the misuse of firearms can be used by an evil administration to misinform and mold public opinion to support its malign anti-freedom policies...."(cont. at link)

http://westernrifleshooters.wordpres...ecurity-agent/

Very interesting reads.

TR

His YELLOW, RED and DEAD LINES I totally agree with. We can all see this happening across America. The chipping away of freedom in a subversion and sabotage style that in under the radar for most.

I think Switzerland and Israel or better examples of nations that have good gun-control and citizens that understand the use of guns.

Combat Diver 03-08-2014 08:30

Switzerland been moving in the other direction lately. More restirctions on FA and you can not carry period so my friend there tells me.

CD

Max_Tab 03-09-2014 18:07

Hell yeah

Looks like someone took a page from our book.

http://www.examiner.com/article/conn...e-new-gun-laws