Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Soapbox (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Protecting the Second Amendment – Why all Americans Should Be Concerned (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40772)

nousdefions 07-20-2016 14:08

1 Attachment(s)
Samuel Whittemore is rolling over.....

tonyz 07-20-2016 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by nousdefions (Post 613294)
Samuel Whittemore is rolling over.....

A true patriot and a stud...80 years old back in the day...what's that like 107 today? ...damn.

bblhead672 07-20-2016 14:43

You have to wonder if some day around a campfire in a better place, the founders look at us and ask "how the hell could you lose the country we gave our lives, fortunes and sacred honor for?"

DIYPatriot 07-20-2016 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyz (Post 613296)
A true patriot and a stud...80 years old back in the day...what's that like 107 today? ...damn.

I wonder if Billy Waugh is of any relation to him ;)

pcfixer 08-07-2016 11:51

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...dment-grounds/

I think the lawsuit should prevail, for reasons I givein this article; but I look forward to seeing what arguments D.C. offers for why, when people have a right to have deadly weapons, they shouldn’t have a right to own almost entirely nondeadly ones.

Good article and good law suit. :munchin

pcfixer 08-07-2016 12:22

ATF maintains gun owner information

http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/02/th...l-information/

A government report discovered the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) illegally stockpiles gun owners’ personal information.

The U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO), the go-to federal oversight agency, conducted an audit of ATF and found it does not remove certain identifiable

information, despite the law explicitly mandating it do so. GAO conducted reviews for four data systems, and concluded at least two of ATF’s systems violated official protocols.

One of the data-collecting systems called Multiple Sales (MS) requires that multiple firearms purchased at once must be reported to ATF by the federal firearms licensee (FFL). ATF policy requires that the bureau internally removes particular data from multiple gun sales reports after two years if the firearm has not been traced to criminal activity. GAO found that ATF does not adhere to its own policy. In fact, “until May 2016, MS contained over 10,000 names that were not consistently deleted within the required 2 years.”

Another system called Access 2000, or A2K, establishes servers to be used by National Tracing Center (NTC) personnel. The NTC can electronically search FFLs’ records for certain information needed to track the history of a firearm.

Wonder who will insure the ATF removes that data? :munchin

Box 08-07-2016 19:05

Quote:

A government report discovered the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) illegally stockpiles gun owners’ personal information.
The U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO), the go-to federal oversight agency, conducted an audit of ATF and found it does not remove certain identifiable information, despite the law explicitly mandating it do so.
...since when does the government need to follow the law?

Silly peasants - laws dont apply to the government.

cbtengr 08-07-2016 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy L-bach (Post 614840)
...since when does the government need to follow the law?

Silly peasants - laws dont apply to the government.

Funny you should bring that up, I guess O just learned about it while watching the news on Martha's Vineyard. I am sure he will get to the bottom of it when he gets back to D.C.

pcfixer 08-12-2016 06:14

NICS background checks to date.

NICS Firearm Background Checks: Month/Year - FBI

Looks like 2016 is another record setting year. I helped in May.

tonyz 09-26-2016 08:21

We live in a very, very different world.

It used to be, that if good people avoided bad areas at the wrong times they'd be safe.

Not true today.

Malls
Recruiting stations
Theaters
Restaurants
Concerts
Major sporting events
Trains
Buses
Military bases
Churches
Nightclubs
Highways
Home invasions

Ordinary citizens will most likely be our first responders in the current reality. Recent data suggests that folks realize this even if the politicians do not.

Survey: Nearly 110 Million Americans Have a Gun at Home
Gun rights see record-high levels of support in Pew Poll

BY: Stephen Gutowski
September 1, 2016 11:45 am

A recent survey found that 44 percent of respondents either own a gun or live with somebody who does, suggesting that some 110 million Americans live in a house with firearms.

The latest Pew Research Center poll, conducted between Aug. 9 and 16, found 31 percent of those surveyed own a gun, the highest number in the poll’s history. Another 13 percent reported living with somebody who owns a firearm. Twelve percent said they own their own firearm and live with somebody else who does. A slim majority, 51 percent, said nobody in their household owns a firearm, the lowest number in the poll’s history.

The latest United States Census Bureau estimate pegs the number of adults living in the country at 247,813,910. If Pew’s survey is correct then at least 109,038,120 Americans have a gun in their home.

The general concept of gun rights also won out over the desire to tighten gun control laws. A slim majority of respondents said it was more important to protect the right of Americans to own guns than it is to control gun ownership.

Furthermore, gun rights enjoyed more passionate support, with 46 percent of supporters saying they “strongly agreed” with the importance of protecting gun rights, while only 37 percent of gun control supporters felt the same level of intensity.

<snip>

http://freebeacon.com/issues/survey-...cans-gun-home/

Badger52 09-27-2016 05:03

Interesting numbers.

Quote:

A federal database of all gun purchases was supported by 68 percent of Americans.
This is a thought that must be pushed back at with history lessons whenever brought up; something that must be done in our daily conversations. I wonder what the survey numbers would be if more of the populace in general were aware of what the Weimar Republic was instead of haggling over the latest OS version of their smartphone.

tonyz 10-21-2016 11:51

I know many have read about this incident but watching the video makes it a bit more real...this is what's coming folks...don't believe them when they say they're not coming after your firearms...ammo...those rich donors tell the real story.

HIDDEN CAM: Russ Feingold Says Hillary Might Issue Executive Order on Guns
Project Veritas Action

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-HrUUXOHgzg

Team Sergeant 10-21-2016 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyz (Post 618209)
I know many have read about this incident but watching the video makes it a bit more real...this is what's coming folks...don't believe them when they say they're not coming after your firearms...ammo...those rich donors tell the real story.

I think we all know what will happen if some idiot issues an order banning guns.

1st No one's going to listen, except Rosie O'Donnell.

2nd No one's going to enforce that law , except the Chicago PD and NYPD.

3rd After the first wave of "gun collectors" are killed, the moron that issued the "executive order" will be hiding in Cuba with close friends and relatives.

We will vote ourselves into submission, it ain't going to happen by "executive order".

And what need to be repelled is the term "assault weapon". This liberal term should be replaced with the term gun. Then try to ban them.

tonyz 10-21-2016 12:39

TS agree - executive order will not be an effective frontal assault. And we will vote ourselves into the problem...already have.

The video captures the motivation of donors - oh, they want your guns and ammo.. I can imagine a substantial increase in taxes on various supplies.

bblhead672 10-21-2016 13:08

As evil and power hungry as BHO and HRC are, the real evil-doers are the super-elite wealthy donors who are pulling all the strings worldwide. All the politicians are merely willing paid-for pawns doing their masters bidding.