Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   KnuckleDragger Questions (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Legibility issue; can I increase space between lines? (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54701)

InTheBlack 03-11-2020 23:41

Legibility issue; can I increase space between lines?

I find it difficult to read the forum because of the non-existant space between lines. I say non existant because a serif (part of letter extending below the line) intrudes on the space occupied by a tall letter:
yyyyy
hnnnn

Those are "h"s not "n"s .

Using the Printable View is better, but for reading at night the inverted color scheme is best.
TIA

JJ_BPK 03-12-2020 06:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by InTheBlack (Post 656345)
yyyyy
hnnnn

Those are "h"s not "n"s .

I do not get the same results using the latest firefox & arial black

yyyyyyyy
hhhhhhhh

do you have more than one web app? Firefox, Google Chrome, Explorer??
or a backup keyboard?

Penn 03-12-2020 11:04

No, you can't increase font size or spacing btw lines on this site, but you could address that issue in word, then copy and paste your entry or response accordingly.

InTheBlack 03-12-2020 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ_BPK (Post 656353)
I do not get the same results using the latest firefox & arial black

yyyyyyyy
hhhhhhhh

do you have more than one web app? Firefox, Google Chrome, Explorer??
or a backup keyboard?

I use Firefox because it has the "security" addons to minimize malware, tracking, Big Data collection, etc.

Having to copy & paste everything I want to read would be a real PIA. I guess using Print View is the workaround.

What font & size does the site desire to display? Maybe my machine is using something else. In Firefox Preferences, I have set the minimum font size to 16 or else many sites are miniscule; except also I checked "Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of your selections above." And I use 150% Zoom on all web pages. The screen is 1920 x 1200 on the MacBookPro laptop.

JJ_BPK 03-12-2020 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by InTheBlack (Post 656364)
I use Firefox because it has the "security" addons to minimize malware, tracking, Big Data collection, etc.

And I use 150% Zoom on all web pages. The screen is 1920 x 1200 on the MacBookPro laptop.

I have a 32inch Panasonic TV running off a game video card. Firefox is set to default, as built. There are sites that micro-manage the fonts & sizes. I can get around most by using CTRL + or - to adjust font size.

You may want to try reseting the firefox (w/apps) to as built.

InTheBlack 03-12-2020 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ_BPK (Post 656369)
I have a 32inch Panasonic TV running off a game video card. Firefox is set to default, as built. There are sites that micro-manage the fonts & sizes. I can get around most by using CTRL + or - to adjust font size.

You may want to try reseting the firefox (w/apps) to as built.

A huge screen displaying at a high res will look fine. I think its the hi res of my 17" screen that shrinks everything. So I use an Addon "theme & font size control."

I have tried the defaults for machine & firefox.

at 150% Zoom, when I put a ruler to my screen a capital I is about 4-5mm tall. Its something about this website's design that does not adjust the inter-line distance. When I shrink to 100% zoom, I perceive more space, but the physical size of the letters requires me to get close to the screen.
yyyyyy
hhhhh
the tail of the y extends into that blank space but still touches the n.

JJ_BPK 03-12-2020 17:23

In the old days, I would guess your GPU is not handling the pixel mapping properly.

It's one reason that apple and windows push their web browsers over open-source products, like firefox.

Does the macbook come with video diagnostics? Macbook had problems with their GPU a while back but replaced the chips in 2018.

Penn 03-12-2020 18:30

ITB, maybe it's just me, but your lead in has all the hallmarks of a phishing expedition looking for a back door, but as I said, that may be just me and my lack of trust due to living in an abusive political environment. But, good luck with the OCD Font remedy you are seeking to resolve.

InTheBlack 03-13-2020 11:35

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penn (Post 656381)
ITB, maybe it's just me, but your lead in has all the hallmarks of a phishing expedition looking for a back door, but as I said, that may be just me and my lack of trust due to living in an abusive political environment. But, good luck with the OCD Font remedy you are seeking to resolve.

Here is a screenshot of my screen. Size it so the I is 4-5mm tall. Don't know if the resolution will be changed by going from tiff to jpeg to your screen...

well I can't make it work. Browsing opens in another tab, it seem to accept Upload, then I cannot "close this window" and there is not indication in THIS tab that the attachment is there. EDIT OK it seems to be there.