Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Gourmet Guerrilla (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Pressure Cooker (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53275)

Streck-Fu 01-30-2018 06:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by InnaK (Post 639211)
I don’t like washing Preasuure Cooker, it is kind of biggish and heavy.

If you have to wash the more than the inner bowl and lid, you may need new seals.

miclo18d 03-16-2020 07:00

1 Attachment(s)
I finally pulled the trigger and got an Instant Pot. It is a newer version that has an air fryer lid which gives you about 3 more cooking techniques. It will replace my crock pot that’s on its last leg and add a pressure cooker. It can also sous vide (I already have an Inova) and dehydrate.

Of course the trend is decorate it so........here’s the SF version....

bblhead672 03-16-2020 08:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by miclo18d (Post 656491)
I finally pulled the trigger and got an Instant Pot. It is a newer version that has an air fryer lid which gives you about 3 more cooking techniques. It will replace my crock pot that’s on its last leg and add a pressure cooker. It can also sous vide (I already have an Inova) and dehydrate.

Of course the trend is decorate it so........here’s the SF version....

I use my Instant Pot a lot. Now l'm looking around flea markets/auctions/garage sales for good quality stove top pressure cookers.

cbtengr 03-16-2020 12:32

miclo Congrats! I have had one for two years now, I will never boil water on the stove again for potatoes or pasta. Hard boiled eggs come out perfectly. No shortage of recipes on the web, no need to reinvent the wheel. Even my wife likes using it.

miclo18d 03-16-2020 14:36

Chili seems appropriate for a 1st go, I think!

Gypsy 03-21-2020 15:36

Late to the party, love my Instant Pot. It is easy to use and really takes no time at all to make most foods.

SF_BHT 03-21-2020 19:03

Finally pulled the trigger on one. Looking forward to trying it.....

Swoop 03-22-2020 06:10

We use our instapot quite a bit as well as the “air fryer”. The wife is researching and looking for the best combination appliance for the two iot reduce storage of both vs just one. Need those crispy fries and chicken wings. :)

Gypsy 03-22-2020 07:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swoop (Post 656843)
We use our instapot quite a bit as well as the “air fryer”. The wife is researching and looking for the best combination appliance for the two iot reduce storage of both vs just one. Need those crispy fries and chicken wings. :)

instant Pot has a fryer lid you can use!
https://www.target.com/p/instant-pot...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Gypsy 03-22-2020 07:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by SF_BHT (Post 656819)
Finally pulled the trigger on one. Looking forward to trying it.....

B, check out https://pressureluckcooking.com/ this site has good recipes and a great tutorial on how to use it.

His chili recipe is OUTSTANDING.

SF_BHT 03-22-2020 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gypsy (Post 656847)
B, check out https://pressureluckcooking.com/ this site has good recipes and a great tutorial on how to use it.

His chili recipe is OUTSTANDING.

Thanks looks good..... will have to try some of them....

P36 03-23-2020 19:50

I use one, but mostly to make homemade dog food quickly. It's great for that. 30 minutes and I have a weeks worth.

Swoop 03-24-2020 06:20

[QUOTE=Gypsy;656846]instant Pot has a fryer lid you can use!



Thanks Gypsy, we will definitely be looking at the air fryer lid and the recipe list you provided.

Gypsy 03-24-2020 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swoop (Post 657033)


Thanks Gypsy, we will definitely be looking at the air fryer lid and the recipe list you provided.

Swoop, they carry them at Target and probably some other places as well.

cbtengr 03-24-2020 18:26

Pinterest is also a great source for recipes and for that matter any other subject you may be interested in. Gypsy, good tip about getting a fryer lid, thanks! The first 3 months I had mine I used it every day.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:42.


Copyright 2004-2019 by Professional Soldiers ®